Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Al
City
Valley
It really is getting hard to make sense out of anything anymore. Not only does my husband Bruce have ALS, his 83 year old dad was diagnosed with a brain tumor today. His mother has MS and is not doing good either. Can't help but question my beliefs about right now.

Sorry things are going so bad for you Joni. We're all sending prayers and good wishes your way.

AL.

I am praying for some peace to descend on you and your family.
blessings,Pat

Joni, Bruce's parents will be in my list... and I'm so sorry.

Love,
Ann

Thanks All of you for the prayers and thoughts! Love Yall!

Joni I am sorry that all of this is going on for you and your family. You and your family will be in my prayers. Stay strong and keep the faith!

Very sorry to hear about all that! It has to be very stressful for y'all! Hang in there!

Oh my gosh, Joni, one of these things would be enough. This has to be so hard for you and Bruce. This is a good time to read this:

Footprints in the Sand*
One night, a man dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. He noticed two sets of footprints. However, during the saddest times of his life, there was only one set of footprints. The man questioned the Lord about this. “I don’t understand why when I needed you most, you would leave me.” The Lord replied, “During your times of suffering, when you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.”

Blessings,
Jo

Last edited:
my thoughts are with you and the whole family , heavy load you have on your hands

I understand how you feel. My dad was had fluid in the brain and a tumor. He went through gamma radiology and has to go back in april to have another mri to see if it is gone. After he went through that we thought things would be okay and than my mom was diagnoised with ALS dec 7, 2010. I understand about keeping faith when things like this happen I went through the denial and yelling about why I should believe in God and faith. After I calmed down than I reliazed that I do really have hope and faith and I have to be strong for my parents.
My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Joni Sadandconfused, I am so sorry for what you are going through. Sometimes it feels like we have just too much to bare. Will be thinking and praying for you both

Aly

Joni - I'm sorry to hear about the news. Thinking of you all at this difficult time.

Thank you all for the comforting words. It's just so hard as you all know too, not to get discouraged at times. I feel like I am losing so many of my family. Just sad...

thank you. I don't know how I keep the strength to keep going. Its hard to put on a front in front of my daughters and to talk to my mom and make believe everything is fine. I cry alot when I'm by myself because I can't handle things. This support group has helped me out alot and I thank you and everyone for your support.

Sad and confused you are not alone. I do the same thing, cry by myself and put on a happy face and act like all is normal. That I guess is our way of coping through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back