Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Psychiatrist immediately says i believe you have psuedobulbar palsy and i will leave any other diagnosis up to your nuerologist, I was floored because he had yet to receive my medical records..... I am not used to this one appointment and a diagnosis? Sam:?:

Sam, I hesitate to say anything, not knowing enough about your situation...but think a Neurologist would surely be the one to call your disease by name. I'd expect you were very shocked to say the least after this quick "diagnosis". Wishing you a new doc...
Ann

Sam I agree with Ann--it is quite unusual to get that diagnosis from a psychiatrist. They are medical doctors before specializing and may indeed have experience with pseudobulbar palsy but I think you need to be seen by a neurologist specializing in neuromuscular disorders. Take care.
Laurel

I guess I should have elaborated... Ive been seeing a neuro for a long time, he diagnosed spasticity, hyperreflexia and clonus.. Ive had every test! The nuero is not able to make a diagnosis at this time but i still see him, watch and wait..been on that road for two years, slowly get worse..like my forearms are wasting and getting weak, lower legs too. My neuro wanted me to see a psychiatrist so he could prescribe a med that would help me with klonopin withdrawal as i cannot take a lot of things, also to have someone to talk with about my struggle.....not knowing, getting worse, possible ALS...My neuro was not sure if my emotional state was from emotional liability or severe anxiety. Anyways the diagnosis was not a shock but him saying it so quickly was....my unknown nueromuscular disorder has perplexed my neuro and he still has confidence it is something else.. He is covering every base possible and could not be a better doc, I am so glad to have found him as i have had less than dissappointing neurologists in the past. Sam

Sam, it sounds so tough. I'm really glad you feel your neuro is good. Your post explains a lot--as you didn't expect a diagnosed from the psychiatrist at all. I hope you can get the meds worked out. It's such a long road, and must seem endless. Hugs,
Ann

Sam,

I'm sorry you seem to hit so many dead ends! No words of wisdom to add to what has already been said, but I wish I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back