Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
WA
City
Lake Stevens
It is Sunday morning and we woke up to it snowing! I am sick with a cold and congestion so we are staying home from church. Our 11 year old son is making us crepes for breakfast as he is eagerly wanting it to snow harder and go play in it.

Lovin life this morning! Is it snowing where you are?

Our "Epic" storm gave us 3 inches. The ski slopes opened this weekend, and they got a couple of feet.

Rox, I hope your son has fun today and you get over your cold asap!

Lori, whoa, three inches. That's just right.

We have no snow... and don't want it (so I'm told, firmly...).

Rox, we have a skiff of snow here in the Black Hills. The pine trees are shimmering in the sunlight since they are covered with ice crystals. Outside my office window it looks like the ice castle in Dr. Zivago! Add to that image a large buck deer and his concubine of doe and you have a serene picture of a perfect Sunday in winter. PERFECT only if you are inside looking out - temps outside hit a high of 27 degrees farenheit! Brrrr... :)

Diane that sounds awesome. thanks for painting a great picture with words.

Hi Rox, no snow here, app 32 deg C here today 90 F, getting warmer :):):)

forgot to mention i live in Aus. so we are heading into our summer, so no snow :lol::lol:

cheers
Peter

Peter, I'm glad you like warm (? hot!) days. I realize it gets very hot down where you live.

Diane, that is a gorgeous picture.

Peter, you are +32C, we are -30C (-22F) tonight. I'm staying warm under the covers!

Ewww Barry where you live is way too cold for me! ..lol

Dreaming of a White Christmas -- could be a bit early but it sure looks like Christmas outside! attached photo taken this morning from our deck.....

Attachments

• Ron's Ride - November 2006.jpg
    Ron's Ride - November 2006.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 344
The picture date stamp states it is from 2006. LOL. Nice picture though.

Diane, it's so beautiful... majestic! You all in the north are getting some mighty cold weather.

Barry, my electric blanket is on high heat here by morning... and it was rated as one of the hotter ones. Until Mr. Phil starts using the woodstove, I wear a "neck gaiter" (which I call my "goiter") and keep that blanket up to my nose. Last winter I wore a zipped sherpa hooded sweatshirt to sleep in, but can't get my arms into that anymore. All of which is to say, I'm glad this is a so-called "temperate" climate.

Oh! The generator I thought was dead has been resurrected. It isn't happy but will come from the barn to the house garage and get a lot of TLC. That's a relief.

Last edited:
Joel, not sure why the date stamp is the wrong year? Will have the camera man re-check the settings on the new camera. :( On the other hand, 2006 was a memorable year!

Ann, I have the electric blanket on and the propane stove going full throttle tonight.LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back