Reason
DX UMND/PLS
Country
NZ
State
NZ
City
NZ
Now here is a coincidence, and its true!

I will do my best to explain it clearly.

4 friends, Heather, Barbara, Alice and Val.

All but Val, who is my neighbour and one of my best friends, were nursing together.

Heather became the first area field officer for the then new Motor Neurone Association. It was a fairly unknown disease back in 1950ish. The other 3 friends had never nursed anyone with it, so took great interest learning from Heather, about what a devestating disease it was.

Years later all friends were intimately affected by MND (ALS)

Vals sister died of MND, Barbara's husband died of MND, Alice currently has MND, and I who am Vals close friend/neighbour, and also know Barbara, has this year been diagnosed with PLS. :?:

We are all on the Local MND association Committee.
Heather - Chairman
Alice - Secretary
Barbara - Treasurer
Val & Aly committee members.

This illness can sure alter peoples life, but so many in such a small group, extraordinary.

Aly:-(

My son sat next to a boy in school whose mom had a ALS, the next year me.. And that is a small town also. My uncle by marriage died of ALS, and we think my Aunt may have died of it also. Seems scary to think of this uncommon disease hitting all these people like this.
Your story is remarkable, wonder if the Registry would put these clusters together. What is the common link? Really amazing.

WOW, that is Extraordinary. What are the odds of that happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back