Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
VA
City
Henrico
I've been on disability for depression for several years now and sitting at home makes me even nuttier! I've been told I'm a housewife (I hate that term) and that cleaning the house daily is my responsibility. Talk about...well, you get the idea. Anyway, since my mom was diagnosed with ALS, I've been trying to become involved in any way I can. Up until recently, I haven't had a car so I've been tied to the house. My husband finally decided to fix the car after we had some words, so I now have my van back. I went to the ALS office here in Richmond to pick up some stuff, and Cathy Easter talked with me and then asked if I would like to volunteer in the office. My ears perked up...of course I would. She doesn't have a problem with my only able to do it during summer school hours, nor does she seem to have a problem with my taking in my youngest on Fridays when there is no school. Yesterday was my first day and I loved it! I got to use my office skills and it felt so good to be part of an office environment. Anway, I just wanted to share my happy story.

very glad to hear this we all need a runaway to a different scenery

How cool! Congratulations. HUGS Lori

Cool Beans, Linda! Hugs, Diane

Congratulations Linda!

Linda, that seems so perfect for you. I know that you want to not just read, but actually want to help. I'm so glad for you, and glad for the office that gets to have you! Yes, Cool Beans! LOL

Good for you Linda and good for the ALS association too!

Congratulations! Looks like you both will benefit!

Thats great Linda,

Nice outcome and I am sure all will work out fine.

Peter

Congratulations, Linda, to you and the people who get to work with you. Sounds like a perfect fit.

Lorna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back