11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
ok,i am taking bets.............who do you think will win?:wink:

personally i am not too bothered if we win or not but there will be a lot of unhappy people if we dont.
my village are having a world cup party tonight,there will be alot of horn blowing.........and probably a few drunken scuffles:roll:

may the best team win:grin::lol:

Here we go!
Ale Ale Ale
Go Go Go!
Ale Ale Ale
Tonight's the night,
We're gonna celebrate!
The Cup of Life!
Ale Ale Ale

Go Ricky Martin! :-D

Ok, now that I have that out of my system... There's a guy in my ALS Support Group that's from Brazil - so I think that's who our group is voting on. I guess I'll stick with them, too!

Olly, I hope all in the village have fun tonight. Lot's of partying and hopefully only a few drunken scuffles. :)

Woo hoo!

Olly,
You live in the most enchanting country in the world! What wouldn't I do to be in any pub in England watching the match!

ND

Caroline,

I'll be watching. :wink:

Hi all
I would lke the UK to win becouse our media have written us off (hate the uk media )
just because ferdinand is injured Go Stevie G go show em I dont meen the USA I meen our press over here
Might even poor my self a whisky, just hope it is a good fare game
Take care
Scouse:roll:

hey,1.1
nd..........you can't beat a good english pub,i should know i used to be a barmaid.

scouse.........i am always amazed if we win anything lol.
take the eurovision,i think we should call that a day:roll:...........were "billy no mates " with nil points. i blame all the back scratching.
anyway its not the same anymore without terry,he would crack me up with his commentary.

welldone everyone:grin:

I'm cheering for Italy, I would cheer for Canada if we had a team or England to celebrate my grandparents but I just got back from my ALS walk and my best fundraiser, my friend Chiara who is originally from Italy, collected over $1600 herself.

Should be fun, I might even have to get out of bed to watch a game!

"billy no mates " ? no friends? no fans?

I like that phrase! Although, I could be wrong about it's meaning...

Hi Olly
I thought Billy no mates was a scouse saying I ften use it
We should have given Eurovision a miss years ago Definately billy no mates there

stevie G played a brilliant game deserved the captains armband ,both teams played well,if England dont win I would like Usa to win after being on this forum I feel I know a many of you + I do have distant relatives in Alaska and a close nephew in Vagas I was over there last month
take care
scouse
:grin:

hey cj your right ,it does mean no friends.

scouse we use that phrase alot in our parts,was'nt aware it was a scouse saying.
there are some cracking phrases in the north,then you do have the cockney rhyme.

i dont really like football but was gripped to my seat,both sides played well.
shrek (rooney to none english)was not on form,he's not worth the money.
my son is supporting italy........being half italian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back