Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
NY
City
Latham
Happy Mother's Day to all my forum "Moms". A bunch of you have treated me like your little lost boy during these past difficult months and I really do appreciate it. I hope tonight and tomorrow everyone finds just a little peace and happiness (even if it has to come out of a bottle :) )

Dick

Dick,
I pray you and your children find peace as well, as you live your first Mother's Day without your dear Liz. I hope you are able to spend some time reliving wonderful memories in her honor.

To all my fellow Mom's - Happy Mother's Day to you all! Blessings and Peace for a love filled Mother's Day.

Happy Mothers day to all the mums on the forum.
I lost my mother a couple of years ago so i know how those who have recently lost theirs are feeling now.
It does get better, it takes time but does get better.

Cheers
Peter

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! And Dick and Peter... Here's a hug from a mom on mother's day!(((((hug))))))

Dick...are you talking about me....LOL~!

I was actually thinking more like me, but if the shoe fits..... :)

Happy Mother's Day to all of you Moms, I hope your day is filled with happiness and love! :grin::grin:

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO MY FORUM FAMILY

mothers-day-flowers.jpg

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there and hope that all of you whose moms have passed, will remember and honor them today.

My son just hopped in the car, and is driving down to the store to get me a cold diet coke, just because I'd like one. Its those little things that mean so much.

That's a wonderful post BarryG! I really enjoyed that! Happy Mother's Day to all Mother's and people who are acting mother's! There are a lot of men - and I suspect quite a few who visit this site - who are both mother and father these days. And the same for women who should be recognized on Father's Day since they are trying to fill both rolls too. But for today - have a wonderful mother's day! Mary

Barry, it is wonderful. I hope our beloved tornado watcher will see your post. Mary, Your words are so well spoken and reflect my own thoughts.

Rose, you once promised me you'd tell me how special your kids are--I see a glimpse on this page.

You're all the "best". Ann

I know this post is almost a week after the event of *Official* Mother's Day, but I was reading about the gray catbird, as we have a pair which frequents the feeders in our yard, and the verbal picture painted in the following, touched my heart.

...Incubation.--Mrs. Helen G. Whittle (1923) studied a pair of catbirds that built near her home in Peterboro, N. H. She writes:

The male took no share in incubating, nor did he ever, I think, make any attempt to brood the young. If he came to the nest and found the female absent, during incubation, he would fidget on a nearby twig in a helpless, worried fashion, but apparently never thought of taking her place. . . . During incubation, the male sang very infrequently within my hearing, and brought food to the female so seldom that I wondered how she could survive. There was however, evidence that the male of this pair was an inexperienced bird, possibly young, and this his first family.

The female, left to do all the incubating, was very faithful to her task and sat patiently day after day through an extremely rainy period, which continued with only brief respites, all through June and early July in southern New Hampshire. One afternoon there was a severe hailstorm, and the female on the nest with feathers drawn close, bill pointing straight up and eyes shut, made as good a watershed of herself as possible, while hailstones the size of large peas pelted her unmercifully.

OH Rose, that made me cry! EL or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back