Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
NE
City
Scottsbluff
My 11-year-old daughter was just in a play! She was the lead! A HUGE accomplishment for her since she doesn't like to be on stage, normally. She got her color picture on the front page of our newspaper! I'm so proud!:eek::eek:

Congrats Mom.

Were front and center with your vid cam ?

Glen

Ahhh, what a nice Mother's Day gift to remember. My grandson is 5 years old, in kindergarten, and is in The Pig Opera on the 18th so of course I am going. When asked what A Pig Opera is he informed me " it isn't really pigs, it is just kids in kindergarten dressed like pigs and singing a story". Guess he didn't want me to be disappointed when there aren't any real pigs! Happy Mothers Day. :) Diane

Big congratulations to your daughter. She's accomplished so much by being simply on stage, let alone the lead.

Diane, glad your grandson is a singing "piglet". Too cute.

Happy Mother's Day to you both!

That's really great! I think my son has a career in acting or politics or BOTH!

Y'all should be so proud!

Congratulations ValRunk to you and your daughter! What a wonderful, exciting time!
Happy Mother's Day!

That is wonderful. I remember so well those moments of pride - and fear!
Congratulations to her and maybe a career in store:)

How lovely for your daughter!You must be proud.

I noticed your post where you wondered what you should tell your daughter about your condition. I was told about my brother's duchennes muscular dystrophy when I was very little. I spent the rest of my childhood in fear of his impending death which was 8 years away. A very sad childhood for both of us.

Now that I know that I have PLS, I am going to spare my grandkids the uncertainty and pain. They have seen me being taken off in an ambulance twice when I have fallen and sustained yet another fracture. We discussed the ambulance, the siren - not the accident. Kids don't really notice unsteady gaits so why tell them. When I have to use a cane or whatever ( rather IF I have to use a cane ) I will wait for their questions and answer honestly. Not before.

My grandchildren's 41 year old uncle took a nap 3 weeks ago and didn't wake up. A cerebral aneurysym ended his life. So much for worrying about tomorrow.

Happy mother's day with your little Star! So much to look forward to!

Northern Dancer

ValRunk, kudos to your daughter and much blessing to you on her acting in a lead roll debut! More so if she doesn't like being on stage - that's a tremendous thing to overcome and shows a great deal of self confidence. Yay for ya'll! Mary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back