Pub Follies: The Case of the Missing ____?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose

Extremely helpful member
Reason
DX MND
Diagnosis
7/2008
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Anytown
PROLOGUE: THURSDAY NIGHT (quite late)

Rose silently closed the door to PZ's Pub, and leaned against it in the darkness, her bosom heaving.

This was it, no turning back now. She continued to stand with her back against the entrance, reflecting on the latest turn of events. Tomorrow the pub would most likely be packed with patrons, most of them without a glimmer of understanding as to what the proprietor's true occupation was.

She sighed, Well, the plan was set into motion, nothing left to be done about it tonight. She turned, pulling her trenchcoat more tightly around her, and disappeared into the pitch black alley....

Last edited:
FRIDAY MORNING:

Mild mannered pub proprietor and doting grandfather, PZ, stood sipping his first cup of coffee, scanning the headlines. The kitchen, with its checkered cafe curtains and thriving window herb garden was cheery, if somewhat nondescript; a complete juxtaposition to the cold sterile laboratory in the basement below...

PZ flipped through the newspaper, and pulled out the sports section, topped off his coffee, and started toward the reading room, aka first floor powder room, as a continuation of his everyday morning routine....

That was when everything changed.

BANG BANG BANG! Someone was pounding on the front door. PZ put his eye to the peephole. On the front stoop stood a uniformed police officer, holding some sort of document up for him to see. "Search warrant!"

Last edited:
A myriad of thoughts went through PZ's head at the sight of the uniformed policeman on the other side of the door.

Thought #1: Is this really happening or is this some kind of left-over hallucination from just getting over an episode of pink eye?

Thought #2: Is this cop for real or just one of my competitors posing as one with a fake search warrant in an effort to steal my secret formulas?

Thought #3: Haven't I seen this face somewhere before?

And the thoughts kept rolling through his head...

The dude in uniform , looks at the address on the warrant. Yep, this must be the place.

{{lets see if we can wake the dead}}

Taking his night stick, he bangs the butt end on the door.

"I see you looking at me, open the damned door".

"that's right I have a warrant to search this place and the people in it"

{{hmmph lets see if we can appeal to his greedy side}}

"Look , we can do this now, or setup surveillance on every entrance and wait until the place is packed with customers, who will be searched"

{{open the effin door}}

Finally backup arrives. 5 unmarked cruisers pull up to the curb, and the front entry is soon flooded with plainclothes.

The uniformed cop, known for his smart a** remarks, does not disappoint. As he turns to offer his opinion as to why it took Belle [*called this because of her southern accent and deceptively silken demeanor, her real name is actually Mary Jo] the senior detective, such a long time to arrive, he is interrupted by the sound of running footsteps...

Last edited:
PZ pondered the situation, trying to think of why the police would have a search warrant for his premises. He couldn't think of a single reason but he still had secrets that needed to be safeguarded. There was only one thing to do; get rid of the police, affording them no entry and he had just the trick up his sleeve.

His latest research had led to the development of twitch-inducing bee stings. He quickly gathered a hundred or so bees from the secret laboratory downstairs and released them through the mail slot in the door. In no time at all, the bees were stinging the blue uniformed police. An instant later, they were all undulating with unbearable twitches and off to the E.R. they all went for an antidote (currently something only PZ himself had).

"Well, now that that is over, time to get back to my poptarts."

Last edited:
Meanwhile "down Under" Young Einstien the slightly mad scientist from Tasmania was watching with interest.

MMMM he said to no one in particular as he was finishing his bath.
Those bee stings are just what i want for my next experiment, how can i get up there to get them.

I know i will use that time machine i read about on the mainland, the news paper stand.

So jumping in his rocket powered chair he jetted over to the mainland and hopped into the news paper stand, noticing that the GPS was already set for the pub he set off, only to land just by the jukebox.

Opening the door he came across..................

Opening the door he came across.................. Belle. She was immune to bee stings and had been twitching all her life due to heavy weight lifting. So those bees were nothing but a mere nuisance to her. In all the confusion she had gone around back of the pub and found the door carelessly unlocked and entered to find the pub's owner mysteriously absent.

As she was looking for evidence she was stunned to find a twitching body slumped over the bar. Just then, she heard footsteps on what sounded like old wooden stairs.

PZ had finished his Poptarts and decieded to head down to the Pub and clean up from all those who went there when he was away.

Half way down the stairs he stopped and took a look at the mess, there was beer bottles every where, empty wine glasses and chip packets and a heap of strange plastic cartons.

He was about to take another step when he saw the strangest thing, a news paper stand in the corner and by it 2 people, one a tall quiet athletic looking lady and the other a skinny looking red head of a bloke and a third person on the bar, twitching away.

Just what is going on here, he said in a deep voice, what is going on?

PZ, looked Belle up & down , twice , admiring the form fitting attire, especially the straining buttons .

Looking behind the bar, unable to determine initially who it was that his bees had sent into twitching spasms. Unfortunately, his identity undetermined, meant that PZ was not going think that he was one of the minions of the mad scientist from down under. The secret spy cams that were in place gave the complete layout of the bar, but only that.

Belle, looking to her tag-along , put her hand out and asked for the eppy-pen.

Taz, the mad scientist, determined what Belle meant to do. There was no way that he could allow his minion to talk. Part of the acceptance into Taz's crew was that they would have an implant at the base of the skull for GPS tracking (and a killer device - unknown to the minion).
The timing was crucial, to make it look like Belle and her pen would cause his death.

Belle took the pen saying "Lets see if we can get this guys allergic reaction to subside" and stabbed him in the neck. The effects of the pen started to show, slowing the twitches, reducing the swelling on his face.

PZ, pushing Belle aside, {{damn she smelled good}}, and grabbed the twitcher , shaking him and asking "WHO ARE YOU, SPEAK UP, WHO ARE YOU?"

The redhead pulled PZ aside, and the minion started to mumble, gasped a big breath and collapsed on the floor. Dead, as Taz had triggered the neurotoxin.

"SHIT" screamed Belle, PZ and 'Red, glanced at each other then looked to Belle.

Belle turned on PZ, handing him the search warrant. PZ, reading the warrant, which explicitly said the 'BAR' was to be searched. {{Pheww, upstairs and more importantly downstairs could not be searched}} took a bar stool , and said "Enjoy yourselves, no need to trash the place".

Belle and her accomplice searched high and low, found a couple of baseball bats strategically placed, and without saying a word, 4 spycams. Belle said "You live upstairs?"

PZ answered "YES and its not part of the bar".

'Red found a locked door and asked "Whats behind this door ?

PZ said that's cold storage for the beer.

"OPEN IT UP" said Belle.

PZ, knowing that 50 cases of beer was blocking the door to the lab, willingly opened it up and stood back. "want a cold one ?" he asked. 'Red looked it over and replied "No , cant drink on the job"

PZ snickered and said "Buddie you have the wrong job"

Belle, frustrated grabbed 'Red and left. Once outside she said to 'Red "find out where those camera's are sending the video"

Unnoticed by anyone, there was a flicker of movement in the painting behind the bar. The painting was a portrait of dear recently departed Auntie Beth, with the intrepid Rambeaux standing watch at her side. Before leaving them for a better place, Beth had commissioned the painting with the special eye window. It was her way of having the last look into the pub. If anyone HAD noticed, what they would have seen Rambeaux's left eye, turning, blinking and watching the commotion. (what color was that eye, Barry?)

.... things seemed to be moving along nicely. It was only a matter of time now. Once the police discover the video feed, there would be more than enough evidence to bring PZ in for questioning. It was all the time Rose would need to search for the last part of the equation. As for that red headed Aussie, well, she'd give him an "A" for effort, but he might as well not have bothered.

Something about the wise cracking uniform sure seemed familiar to her... where had she seen him before? The manner in which he kept checking his package was eerily the same as Johnny Fedora had done, back during their last caper, before The Loss. Back then they'd felt invincible, trying to out fox one another for the anti-twitch formula. It had been more of a contest of wits than anything else. But now? Rose sighed...

Re: Pub Follies: The Case of the Missing ____?

Red dived into his pocket and activated his garage remote control, well that what it looked like, in fact it was a homing device developed in his lab in the backblocks of Taz.

Suddenly his news paper stand appeared on the side of the road, entering it he tapped in to his computer to track where the feeds of the pub's video went to.

damm he said, it goes to the house across the street, Belle's warrent doesnt extend to that, she will have to get another one.

I wonder why and how PZ checks it out as Belle said he hasnt left the house for days ?

Suddenly his Sonic Motion Detector let off a soft humm, what the? This only goes off when the presence of movement underground is taking place, perhaps there is a tunnel connecting the Pub and the house across the street?

Why was Red so interested in the formula, well it is a little know fact, outside Tasmania that is, that a particular river flowing deep in the highlands of Tasmania has some strange powers that change things that get immersed in the water.

(see the clip)

The makers of a local beverage have been using this water for a while, making all sort of things change and they are keen to get hold of the formula, incorporate it in the product and thus increase their world wide market in the product.
Who wouldnt want a bottle or 2 of anti twitch formula in the fridge
YouTube- Boag's Draught: From The Pure Waters Of Tasmania Full Length (HD!)

cheers
Peter

The owner of the blue-green eyes in the portrait decided that he had been a spy behind the wall for long enough and that he had better get involved before the story ended. After all he didn't even know what the plot was or who was doing the plotting (and he was too lazy to go back and read it).

Because he was a former bee keeper he knew all about how to subdue a hive with smoke and how to deal with a swarm and he still had his protective equipment. So he wasn't worried about getting stung and headed down the stairs to the cellar to access the secret tunnel under the road to the old house across the street where he kept his bee gear.

He had also recognized something "Johnny Fedora ish" about the flatfoot. Was it the confident "You talkin to me?" swagger, the nothing is going to get me down attitude or was it the Oh de Toilet fragrance? Maybe all those things but whatever, it certainly brought back memories.
He also recognized a few things about Rose, the way her bosom heaved under her trench coat and the way that she was able to quickly sum up a situation and tell the real twitchers from the fakes.

And the rest, PZ, Belle and red? Well, so much had changed in all of them lately and yet they were the same characters that they had always been.

The day was almost over and he realized that he had waited too long to get moving. So now that the pub was closed for another week and all he could do was escape to his hide out and make sure that his video recorders had captured the events in the bar.

As he hobbleflopped through the dark tunnel a most annoying cat decided that it was time to get underfoot and trip him up. Little did the feline know that this move would cost him one of his nine lives because it is very hard to trip a hobbleflopper with a new AFO. As the cat sailed through the air inside the tunnel he made a strange meeeeeeeoooooooooowwwwww which was picked up by red's Sonic motion detector on the street above.

Last edited:
You guys are just the best! Right when I think its not going to come together it does. Sort of , to a degree at least :)

Lets pick it up, if not this weekend (some may be busy with family for the holiday) perhaps the weekend after. That gives EVERYONE who reads this plenty of time to come up with an actual bonafide Plot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back