Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Lafayette Hill
Hard to believe this year is over. It has brought lots of changes for many of us.
I tend to be reflective at the end of the year; think of how I have changed. I don't do resolutions- I never follow thru with them.

In thinking about the New Year, a little anxiety can creep in for me if I allow myself to think too much or too far ahead. So I'll work on staying in the present.
I'll also remember trfogey's words recently, "...support not guidance; love not lectures; a helping hand and not a steering wheel." They were a "lightbulb moment" for me; so thank-you, trfogey, for your wisdom!

This is a great time for all of us to remember to live a little more grateful, a little more hopeful, a little more peaceful.

I wish you all peace for this New Year, however you may need peace in your life!
I am so very grateful for all the members who give such support, compassion & understanding. It truly makes this forum a safe place to visit & share; to be understood.

And, I remain hopeful for all of us-
Marianne

Happy New Year Marianne! Let's hope the new year brings, if not a cure, a treatment!

Happy New Year to all the brave souls that battle ALS in one form or another!

Happy New Year to all PALS and CALS.
Erica

Thanks Marianne... staying in the present is the biggest challenge for me and I will work on that too. I promise you I will make 2010 the year I remember "to live a little more grateful, a little more hopeful, a little more peaceful." Thank you so much for your wisdom and support. You know what I huge fan I am of yours and I wish you and your handsome Jim all the best for the New Year!

Happy New Year to all of you, wonderful forum members who mean so much to me!

Happy 2010!
Rosella

HAPPY NEW YEAR to everyone!

Happy new year to all.
It is Jan 1st here now (app 8.45am ) so we have had all the fireworks etc. Most on the forum are still to get to middnight.
My wishes for the the new year are the same as others, to be a little more peaceful with what we have been dealt with .

and as CJ said

Let's hope the new year brings, if not a cure, a treatment
I believe we are very close to a breakthrough

cheers
Peter

Hoping for good things for all in 2010 ... and a more peaceful world (fat chance!). I'm sure there will be some good news for PALS and CALS sometime in the coming year.

Keep on keepin' on, everybody!

Last edited:
Marianne, you have said it all so well that I cant add anything except to say Happy New Year to all of my forum family!

Whew....what a road this has been- and I know... much, much more is to come:shock:

I also don't make New Year's resolutions...they feel like a set up!:oops:
BUT- my husband and I have been trying to find the blessings. For us, ALS/MND has allowed us to "remove the white noise" and live intentional, focused lives. I've spent the majority of my life stressed out about "doing my best, making the bills, taking CARE of everything" that I've not allowed myself to appreciate the beauty of the moments. And, however bizarre it may sound, ALS/MND has given us that gift- we are focused on the joy of the moments, and not taking our days for granted.

Of course, I don't remember that gift as much as I should, :oops:but it's still there for me whenever I can see it. My new forum family has been another gift. I find myself so nspired and awed by you all and how you all live your lives with such humor and dignity-celebrating the moments! So incredibly gracious with a word of encouragement or a swift kick in the ass...whatever is needed! Thank you!

I pray that I support my husband in the way HE NEEDS, not how I WANT him to need. Trfogey's words were also profound for me- "...support not guidance; love not lectures; a helping hand and not a steering wheel.". New friendships are being forged that I am "soul" grateful for (I bet you all know who I stole that from!) :razz: You have touched my heart incredibly and am soul thankful for you!

So my forum family, May 2010 bring you all moments to celebrate and joy to cherish!
Peace,
Melody

Happy New Year to Everyone here.

Its the extended family here that makes life a little more bearable.

I am proud to call you Friends.

Glen

peace be with you all.Happy New Year

Man, that was HEAVY Melody!

Again to everyone: Happy New Year! Great we get to see it!

happy new year. i hope to try to make the best i can in 2010. i have locked myself in this house feeling sorry for myself in stead of enjoying life.

Here's to a new beginning Cukita! You can do it...
Big hugs,
Rosella

Looks like we're all back in the saddle again for another year!

I hope this year is happy for all!

You all have helped to make things a lot brighter in my world!

Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back