Diagnosis
02/2018
Country
US
State
New York
City
New York City
I had sought and received useful feedback in June and November 2017. At the time, my neurologist had two possible diagnoses: a type of neuropathy or ALS. I was being treated for neuropathy with IVIG, and -- given my exercise regimen and other information -- commenters thought I did not have ALS.
Unfortunately, by the end of January 2018, my weaknesses had progressed noticeably. My speech was harder to understand; swallowing was more challenging; my right hand and arm were much weaker; my left arm was weaker; other muscle weakness was noticeable; and I no longer run or do the workouts I used to, although I can still walk.
My neurologist changed my diagnosis to ALS in February. I've begun taking Riluzole, Radicava and Neudexta. My symptoms first surfaced in the second half of 2016, so the doctor has suggested that my progression has been relatively slow.
I wanted to thank everyone for their generous advice and to express my appreciation for this amazing forum.

I am sorry it went this way. Of course, we hoped as you did that MMN was the answer.

Slow progression is good and I hope you benefit from all the meds and it slows even more.

Welcome sadly

Hoping your progression continues to be slow.

Hudson,

I remember your posts and hoping that it wasn't ALS. Sorry you're here but very glad your progression has been slow.

I know how hard it is to see yourself slow down. At first, I wondered what I would do without heavy workouts and sports. Now I'm grateful for each day and every friend who comes into my life.

I hope you'll stick around the forum.

I’m sorry you find yourself back here. You’re in good company though. The people here are good and we’ll try to support you as best we can.

Very sorry to hear the definitive dx, Hudson. We will support you however we can.

Best,
Laurie

Thanks, all. I will definitely stick around the forum.

Hi Hudson, glad you want to stick around! Just a hefty price you're paying to qualify for this circle.

Welcome Hudson, post often and we ll git to know ya.!

Hudson, welcome to the club nobody wishes to be a member of. Be that it may, this forum is a wealth of information sharing, compassion, and wonderful people. Sorry about your dx. Wishing that your progression is slow, and that your treatments will keep you mobile as long as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back