Diagnosis
10/2017
Country
us
State
Georgia
City
Loganville
Hello my name is Bob (52), In March 2017 I was diagnosed with RA treatment began to give me my movement back. By May I started to have more problems with a voice change and muscle weakness set in. I was told I had Nero problem's and sent to a Nero doc, where he noticed how much smaller my left leg and arm was compared to my right side. Months of testing began after a EMG in October I got the news of ALS. I'm currently going thew all the testing again with a second RA doc and Nero doc. The frustration of the last year is overwhelming not per my diagnoses but with the fact of being unable to do what I could do a year ago.

Sorry to hear of your double whammy diagnosis. For folks not familiar with the terminology, RA = rheumatoid arthritis. I assume that’s what you mean. They have two entirely different origins, so it would be theoretically possible to have both conditions.

One thing to consider is that RA quiets way down with immobility. We see this in people who are partially paralyzed from having a stroke: the RA inflammation will often be absent on the side of the body paralyzed by the stroke. The same will likely be the case with ALS.

Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back