Diagnosis
12/2017
Country
US
State
SC
City
Charleston
Diagnosed at Ralph H Johnson VA Medical Center on December 5th. 58 yo Navy veteran. Not a surprise as I have had some symptoms for the last year or so. Ready for a fight. I beat cancer, this might be a little harder.

Welcome to the Forums. Sorry to see you here and wish you didn't have to be. It's an absolutely excellent community, and full of support and info. There is a section specifically for those who were in the armed forces. Lots of info helping you to navigate VA system can be found, as well many folks who can answer any questions you may have.

~Fiona

Welcome, Navy. This may not be a disease you can leave in the dust, but you can still engage it on your terms.

Best,
Laurie

Hi Navy,

sorry to hear of your diagnosis. You'd think that beating cancer would suffice for one lifetime. Glad to hear you're in fighting spirit, you'll find a whole platoon here rooting for you.

Welcome Navy,

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. This is a great place to figure out how to deal with ALS. I have learned so much just reading the various posts since I joined.

Dave
USAF (Retired)

Welcome and thank you for your service.

Glad you found us.

So sorry to have to welcome you here. As you know by now, this is a wonderful place for information.

Steve

Welcome. You will find a lot of good information and support here.

Welcome to the form I'm a veteran also, I go to the VA I can tell you that the VA has been wonderful at helping me get my powerchair a ramp. plus my handicapped van and anything I need I hope there as a ALS Clinic at the VA u go to. Let the VA know things u need.

I am in Charleston, SC. Ralph H Johnson VA Hospital has a Regional ALS Clinic. Like you, they are really stepping up and taking great care of me and my emerging needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back