Diagnosis
08/2017
Country
US
State
CA
City
Trabuco Canyon
Ok, so I was just officially diagnosed with ALS last week. I am confused, devistated, shocked, angry, etc. Just this morning I decided to open up the IPad and try to wrap my head around just a few of the things that are swirling around. I come across this forum when googling "how to slow ALS progression". I decide to join so I can read more and see if I can find tips and support. I came across this thread which is filled with beautiful trees and koalas! I heart koalas so much...I have a tattoo of a koala (my only tattoo) and I now believe in divine intervention!!! I needed to see these wonderful uplifting posts with gorgeous trees and adorable koalas. I'm a little lost as I couldn't read all 77 pages of this thread, but I had to jump to the last page and post a reply. I'm not even sure I'm doing this right...but I'm not sure of much these past couple of weeks. Anyway, the koalas made me very happy this morning and made me stop thinking about ALS for a few! Bless you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi sorry to welcome you. I copied your post from the koala thread so we could properly welcome you. Tillie can and will explain the koala part on her thread.

I am glad the koalas give you joy. They have helped and inspired many of us

I hope you will find other things on the forum that are helpful. Please don't hesitate to ask questions and I look forward to getting to know you

Diagnosis is a terrible shock I know but once it wears off I hope you can find many happy moments. We will help any way we can

Hi and welcome to the forum
The shock does ease give yourself time, ask any questions you have, we will try to help.
Wendy

Glad you found us. It's a great group here and lots of info to be had. If there is something you cannot find an answer to, someone here has it so ask away.

So sorry to hear of your dx. You have found a great place for info and support.

Very sorry to welcome you, Lisa. While you can never fully come to terms with this diagnosis, there is much life left for you if you reach out for it. I'm glad Tillie's trees and koalas helped remind you of that beauty.

Best,
Laurie

Welcome Lisa. I also only recently found the thread on the koalas, and it is one of my favorite things on this forum. This forum is extremely helpful in so many ways, and you will learn so much by reading the threads. Knowledge is power!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have a feeling I'll be spending a lot of time in here reading and learning. Looking forward to getting to know you all as well!

I will also add my welcome. I am very sorry to welcome you here, but welcome nonetheless!

Steve

Welcome to the club no one should join. You will find we are a friendly lot with scads of info and help. You are among friends.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back