Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
Mass
City
Boston
I only noticed some left arm difficulties and reduced running ability 8 weeks ago. I'm not kidding. I can still get about but the atrophy in both hands, feet, neck muscles (actually flaccixity here and only front ones the seen to control my jaw), and worst of all both calves. Struggle to type with left hand now and calves feel like they will cramp at any time even with a walk to the corner shop. Fatigued is unbelievable.
Can't believe this is happening - i am 32 years old abd have a little boy at 21 months and a 6 week pregnant wife.
Sure the UK papers will cover me rather soon when they cotton on due to my young age and rapid progession.
Have to say that this has broken me emotionally. I have no inner strength left. My boy will never remember me and my baby will probably never see me. How do I come back emotionally from this for my short time left? I can't reconcile myself with be coming an increasing burden on my family both emotionally and physically.
Does anyone know of any UK members or forums where I can receive some emotional support locally?
Best
S

Mod note: Moved this post to its own thread.

Welcome Sritchie. I am sorry you find yourself here, but know you are amongst friends.

Very sorry to welcome you here, S. You may wish to contact MND Scotland if you haven't, for support.

I would not presume to tell you how to feel, but you used the word "emotion" several times, and perhaps it is not "coming back" as much as moving forward that will be your strength: helping your wife plan for the future, leaving letters or other keepsakes for your children, connecting more definitively with your colleagues, extended family and friends. None of us is promised tomorrow -- but we have today.

Best,
Laurie

Hi and welcome S
There is lots of support for you here. The mnd association in the uk has a forum like this one if you google mnda forum you will find it. There are a few Scottish members who may be able to give you more local support info.
Wendy

Hi
Emotional support? You found a good place. The folks here are GREAT. We may not be on your side of the pond (Canada here), but we're here!

Angie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back