Diagnosis
07/2017
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Frostburg
I was diagnosed on July 25, 2017 with ALS after about one year of foot drop in my right foot that progressed to leg weakness, falls and shortness of breath with minimal exertion and fatigue.
I can still drive and walk with an AFO and a cane. I am still working full time but this is getting more difficult. I have a very supportive family and work family. Very happy to have found this forum. Even though I have this support I sometimes think it is hard for my family and friends to understand the real challenges I deal with every day. It is comforting to know I can come here and be reminded there are others facing the same journey.

God Bless,
Annette

From one recently diagnosed to another, welcome. I've already learned so much just by reviewing a lot of threads from this forum.
Karen

Sorry to have to welcome you here but glad you found us!

I'm sorry for your recent diagnosis but glad you have found the forum. I've learned a whole lot of useful information from the other PALS and CALS on the site.

J

Annette, very sorry to hear your news. Come here to read, comment and question any time.

Best,
Laurie

Sorry to hear about your dx. You have found a great place for information and support. Welcome!

Annette, welcome and I hope you join us here often. You will find wonderful support and good information here.

Sharon

Annette, welcome although you don't want to be here, none of us do but so be it. This forum is full of very knowledgeable and helpful folks who really care about you. We want your input and your thoughts and advise.
Al

Hi Annette.
Ditto on what the others have said.

Angie

Hi Annette,
I'm sorry you find yourself here, but welcome.

I'm attaching an ALS Awareness document that might help others understand this disease. I've given it to all my health care providers and anyone else who is interested in hearing about ALS from the patient and caregiver point of view.

Attachments

• The ALS Project (1).pdf
    760.6 KB · Views: 453
Hi Annette,
I'm sorry you find yourself here, but welcome.

I'm attaching an ALS Awareness document that might help others understand this disease. I've given it to all my health care providers and anyone else who is interested in hearing about ALS from the patient and caregiver point of view.

Thanks Kim T for the ALS Awareness document I plan on sharing this with my family, where I work and at church.

Hello Annette,

Your story is so familiar. My wife started with a drop foot in her right leg which turned into leg weakness. She fell and broke her elbow and later, her hip. She was also diagnosed a little less than a year from her first symptom. (the drop foot)

This forum is great. The people here are really knowledgeable. I would be in the dark without it. The only thing is in the beginning, I read a little too much and it started making me depressed. That may just be me though. After 9 months of reading posts, I've built up a tolerance. However, there's still the occasional post that throws me for a loop.

Welcome to the forums. I will help you anyway I can.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back