Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
US
State
Ny
City
Gansevoort
Was diagnosed in May. Not sure how to post. Have been reading new post daily.

Tick bite on midsection May 2014. Flu like symptoms one week later, swollen right knee, 3 weeks later. Starting slurring words in July . Tested positive for Lyme 3times.

Have not spoken since Dec. 2014. Did 3 months of I'V antibiotics. Felt great. Summer of 2015 muscle atrophy. Was diagnosed at Columbia.

Still walking with rollerator. Still have use of my hands. Have a PEG.

I AM SO very angry. Should be reading to my grandkids. My husband of 48 years is my caregiver. He is wonderful.

Nana, I am so sorry for your diagnosis and you have every right to be angry at this beast of a disease. Did they initially think your symptoms were from Lyme's disease? I am glad you have a wonderful caregiver.

I want to welcome you here. You will find tremendous support and information.

Sharon

Sharon,

Thank you for your kind words. They treated me for Lyme , after treatment I felt fine. My Lyme Dr. Referred me to Columbia.

Susan

I am sorry you have to join us but welcome.

Look forward to getting to know you. Ask anything you need to and someone will try to help

Thank you Niki.

Oops I'm bad Nikki

Hi, Nana, sorry you have to be here and hope your grandkids are reading to you! Glad to hear you have a great CALS. Let us know if/how we can help either of you.

Best,
Laurie

Welcome Nana5, you are amongst friends. Hugs Gem

Thank you Laurie and Gem. I hate to be here but I don't have any control over this hideous disease.

Hi Nana,

Sorry for your diagnosis. You will love this forum. The people hear are wonderful, and very helpful.

Hugs,
Deb

So sorry to hear of your dx. I completely understand being angry. We are here for you!

Thank you Deb and soonerwife. Everybody is so nice.

Welcome, Nana. I understand your anger--my husband should be playing with our grandchildren, but pictures with them now are when they watch tV in bed with him.

When you can let go of the anger, try to live each day to it's fullest. Don't let the anger rob you of the time you do have.

We will be here for you. The light is always on and someone is usually awake!

Becky

Thank you Becky. I do try to let of the anger. Not easy. My grandchildren ages are 9,8,7,6,and 4. My daughter lives in Hawaii. I miss her every day. But I am blessed to have my son and his wife 10 miles away.

Nana, I am so sorry you are here but its a great place to get extra support. I have grandchildren that are 9 and 3. I am glad to hear that you have a wonderful family to support you. We all understand anger on this forum. You will always be able to rant here. I hope we can help you through some of the rough times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back