Diagnosis
01/2016
Country
AUS
State
NSW
City
Armidale
While acknowledging all the frustration and all the bad, there is also good.

This weekend I was visited by a formerly close friend. We had fallen out. News of my diagnosis prompted a reunion that I guess we both felt we had plenty of time to get to. It was easy conversation and so great, like those years apart just provided more stories to tell.

I have also been overwhelmed by the support of colleagues that I wouldn't have even thought knew my name. Guess I wasn't as invisible as I thought.

Very nice. Very glad to read this. Thanks.

I'm happy for you. Thank you for posting this.

I think often of a few people who have fallen off my radar, and feel conflicted about whether I should initiate contact again- for various reasons. I think the fact it has crossed my mind quite often in the past few months tells me I should. You post encourages me.

Fiona

That is good to hear, Sleepy. Reconnecting or connecting more fully to people from the past is definitely a potential benefit for those who are open to it.

Fiona, go for it. If you feel awkward, do the friend of a friend thing.

Best,
Laurie

I'm pleased for you sleepy :) I have been shocked by my work mates who rallied around me at the time of diagnosis and continue to support me on social media, it can give you great strength and re lift your spirits ( I thought I wasn't liked) ppl are beautiful

Fiona you should definitely go for it , I got back in contact with several friends I haven't seen for up to 10 years, some even drive 3 hours to visit. It's a great source of comfort. Other old friends have heard through the grapevine and got in contact wanting to visit. So far not one person has reacted badly in any way either to the shock of the news or physical changes which worried me personally

Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back