Diagnosis
11/2016
Country
US
State
CALIFORNIA
City
Anaheim Hills
I have been recently diagnosed with Progressive Bulbar Palsy. My EMG was negative, but my speech is poor, and I have to mix pills, in applesauce. My breathing test is normal. My neurologist said my relflexes are brisk. I have no muscle weakness, I drive, I can walk unaided. Today I go for speech therapy. I hope they can help me.

Hi, S, sorry you find yourself here. I moved your post to Newly Diagnosed so more people would see it, but you may also want to check out the PBP forum thread under "Other Diseases" in the top menu. Since your speech is affected, it may be time to look into text-to-speech apps -- we have several threads on those.

Best,
Laurie

I have PBP too, well thats what the DR's say. I'm optimistic. Leaving no stone unturned if I can help it. This sucks to no end but it has not robbed me of my faith and winning attitude. I pray it never does. Exercise has really been helping me as well as watching what I eat. I can tell a difference when I eat poorly against when I eat better variety of foods. I use my hand weight to help with the strength in my hands. Coconut oil massages just make me feel good in general. My speech is horrible and the one thing that irritates me the most. I can't stand to hear myself. I'm sorry you have found yourself here. I'm finding this site to have some depressing qualities but alot of helpful ones too. Its nice to have people who understand what you are dealing with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back