Diagnosis
02/2013
Country
US
State
Tx
City
DFW
I joined the forum some time ago, but have not posted until now. Diagnosed over time by 4 docs and UT Southwestern. Total time now about three years.

I'm still functioning with help to cut food, bath, and open things from my loving wife of 21 years, man now I truly get why old people are frustrated - they can't open their dang food!

What I'm really looking for now are others with a slowly progressing form of ALS like mine. With Discussions, tips, life, love lessons to share. I plan to stick around for a while, and will check in more regularly here to post and share what I can. I feel like some of it wont be relevant to many because I'm atypical but with support we will all be better off.

Hi and welcome. I am also ( so far) slow progressing for which I am very grateful. I think we all deal with the same things but you and I have more time to adjust than those less fortunate.

Welcome, sucks to meet you here, but I started having symptoms in 2011, diagnosed 8/2014 and am still walking with assistance. I guess that's slow progressing.
Vincent

I actually started with fasiculations in 2009, so I'm thankfully slower than most but didn't realize what was happening until a physical late in 2012 when my doc noticed the atrophy. Glad to be here in 2016.

Hi Luv. Im TC...also on the welcoming committee. Hate to meet under these circumstances, but we'll make the most of it. Let us know how we can help you!

Welcome from another Dallas member of this team. My husband is 62 and diagnosed in late July. He is still walking with a cane and still has limited use of his hands. UT is a good hospital. Steve is at Texas Neurology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back