01/2016
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Orangeville
Hello

My husband has his first AL clinic at Sunnybrook this Tuesday. I am looking for advice on what kinds of questions to ask and what I should bring, etc. I don't want to get home after and think of something that I should have asked them about.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks so much!

Of course I meant ALS. Silly autocorrect!

And if the above links don't answer your question to know what you should ask, don't be afraid to call after to ask. They should give you a list of contacts that you can call directly. Also take a notebook and any medical records you may have.

Sherry

Snacks and water..a sweater too. A notepad and pen, a friend , a lot of patience and headache meds. It is quite overwhelming the first couple of times. I would ask type of onset, be ready to talk about things your pals can and can not do or has trouble doing. Watch everything for a couple days because your perspective will be different. For instance, I notice slurring of speech when my pals is tired. He does not. Write it all down because you will forget things.

If your pals is a vet, most likely the alsa rep at clinic will help you get set up with the VA.

Good luck! Steph

We took a voice recorder with us so we could go over the details later.
Love Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back