Diagnosis
11/2015
Country
US
State
Illinois
City
Belleville
My diagnosis was by EMG by a certified ALS doctor in St. Louis. Yes I had all the test. Blood, MRI of whole back, neck. I am actually 22 months into my symptoms. It took the last EMG for her to say yes.

Would loved to hear from others. <email address deleted by Mod>
Especially veterans. Ex-Army 1976-1985

Welcome, Bob. Lots of vets here. Suggest reading the sticky post pinned to the top of the General subforum called For Veterans with ALS.

If you want to share your email address, I suggest sharing personal information by messaging rather than posting it on the forum. --Mike

welcome bob,semper fi, usmc 68-69 combat wounded, vietnam. there are many va benifits for you . my suggestion is get a pva rep. and start immediately cause everything takes it time. pwc, hisa, sah, braces, comp increase, etc,etc, post here often you will feel the support and give support, we need each other. much love to ya . chally

Gday Bob.
Sorry that you find yourself here.
There are a lot of vets here, so there's tonnes of advice and support in that regard.
God bless, Janelle x

Welcome Bob,
Sorry you're here...not a good club to join, but good folks here.
I'm retired AF. Ditto on contacting a local PVA rep. They have been immensely helpful in dealing with VA.
Mark

Hi Bob , My husband was in the army 80-84. Went to the middle east during that time.

The pva is invaluable. As Mike said, there is a great VA benefits sticky at the top of the general discussion forum. I would read thru it for a start. You are entitled to health benefits, monthly tax free compensation, a wheelchair accessible van and a power wheelchair. Then there are the housing mod grants. These are the biggest things. Life insurance, state vet benefits, mortgage insurance, etc are all mentioned in the sticky. Use them all....you have earned them! If you have a regional va office close by, I would look for a pva rep that works out of that facility. It makes things go faster.

I am so sorry to welcome you. I hope you have a loving and supportive family or group of friends to walk this journey with you. Steph

Hi Bob
Sorry to have to meet you under these circumstances but welcome and let us know how we can help. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. Your family will support you through this journey, treasure the times you spend with them.
TC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back