06/2015
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Somerset County
Hi Everyone,
I have been reading your forum since my diagnosis and finally have the courage to join. I have ALS. At first I was in shock. I have felt angry, sad, scared, and every emotion imaginable. I have also been in denial and am just beginning to accept my diagnosis. I have the love and support of a wonderful family and terrific friends. As I start this journey, I believe I also need the guidance and support of others who have traveled the ALS path. I am hopeful that I will find that here and that I will also be able to give support to others.
I am trying to stay positive and deal with the hand I've been dealt, but some days that is just easier said than done.

warmest regards,
Mindy

So sorry to meet you here, but welcome. You are among friends.
Vincent

Welcome Mindy. Hope to hear more from you.

Welcome to the forum, sorry that you received this diagnoses. As you start the journey, keep a few things in mind. Do things you like to do now and as often as your strength and abilities will let you. People, friends and family will help you and want to help, let them and ask when you need something. Most people struggle with knowing how they can help. The more you let them in and be a part of your journey the less they will drift way when you need them the most. Stay on top of equipment and get them as early as you can as you will find yourself in need and find it takes time you will not want to wait for. Ask when you don't know something or search the forum, it's most likely been discussed in a thread or two.

Welcome Mindy. We are here for you. Ask any questions you may have. We will do our best to help.

Welcome Mindy, I am glad that you have a great family. But it is nice to go where you can say the things that you can't say to your family. There is a lot of support and tips on this site.

Paulette

Welcome Mindy. You will always receive support and guidance here. You don't have to worry about anything you ask or say amongst everyone here. It is truly amazing how helpful and wonderful everyone is when you need anything. Stay strong and remember to live each day not count each day.

Welcome Mindy. Sorry you are here too. But, as I've said before, this forum with its amazing group of people, is the one genuinely good things that comes from this disease. Settle in and know that you're not alone.

Warm welcome Mindy, sorry you have the reason to be joining us xx

Welcome Mindy. So sorry to hear about your diagnosis.

I wish we didn't have to welcome you here, Mindy. I am glad that you've decided to speak up; it took me quite awhile also. You will find what you are looking for here--this is a loving family full of people who will answer your questions and provide support. It's a rough ride, but this group keeps many of us sane.

thank you all for your warm welcomes and kind words!

Mindy,
Welcome to the dubious honor of our club. I used to commute to Bridgewater from South Brunswick.
You don't need to "stay positive," just stay on the road. We're here to help.

Best,
Laurie

And don't hesitate to ask questions, you will find great answers, information and encouragement and on this forum.

Your part of our big family now Mindy, welcome.
Love Gem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back