Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
California
City
Fremont
Hello the book Eric Winning suggests that metal toxicity can be a contributing factor for ALS he suggests Hair Analysis for this. Any thoughts or experience on this is welcome. Also does anyone have any suggestions for a reputable Diagnostic Lab for the Hair Analysis Test in the Us please?

When all the initial tests were done to rule out other diseases, metals were included. This would be standard procedure by an ALS neurologist! I have not read his book, but wonder if it is one of the scam theories meant to give hope for a terminal disease! There are certainly lots out there.

yes heavy metals were tested for via blood

Every reputable ALS neuro tests for heavy metals, as well as a dozen other things, to rule them out as a cause. Typically this is done with a blood test. you also get a spinal tap to check for protins, which can be indicative of an autoimmune disease or cancer.

>you also get a spinal tap to check for protins,

:-( took 'em 2 tries :-(

I had the blood test and a 24 hour urine test for heavy metals.
Marty

Oh, Eric again? It's appalling how much voodoo one Web page can fit in. Please don't waste your energy, hope, time, money or life on that claptrap. Seriously. Just ask yourself if you would be comfortable if your plumber, auto mechanic or electrician published a site like this in their specialty, with all the innuendos against medicine, all the "maybe," "I can't say for sure," etc. Now reflect -- this is your only body and life -- much more important than a kitchen sink! Check out Quackwatch for some of the specific evidence against some of the strategies recommended.

that's one of the first things they tested me for

Voodoo medicine is our worse enemy. They are just people trying to make a buck off of us.

Actually in our case voodoo medicine is as effective as real medicine, since there essentially isnt any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back