Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Ct
City
Hamden
I can't stop crying after finding this out this afternoon. I hate knowing what's going to happen to her...she's my mommy! How can I begin to cope with this? Looking forward to talking to people on these forums and getting some support. Thanks in advance, everyone.

I am sorry. There is life after diagnosis though and hopefully much time to make many wonderful memories. Please tell us a little about yourself, your mom and your family.

Sorry that your mother has this terrible disease. I was diagnosed 06/2013 and I still have quality of life, can't talk but still able to interact with others, as Nikki said it is not a automatic death sentence.

Janie

I just went through this as a son. I actually knew (as her POA) for almost a week before she was told by the doctors.

My mother's case is very advanced (no longer talking and can't walk) - however, being together and focusing on life and love is what is helping us get through this. Plus lots of laughing, smiles, and hugs.

I feel for you...my thoughts are with you.

I found out on sat my mum has MND I'm in shock especially because she was diognosed 6 months ago and only just told me because when she found out I was just about to have my baby. The other horrible bit is she lives in Cyprus and I'm here in England and just want to be there for her and can't. My mum is such an independent woman and I know this is gonna be horrible for her.

Katy, it is very difficult to see someone suffer at a distance. Remember, though, that your mum is independent and strong. She was trying to be considerate to you by not telling you. I understand that. As a 60-year-old parent myself, I suspect that she'd like you to concentrate on your child now.

You can always use this website and our knowledge to answer questions if you like. Good luck to you and your new family.

I agree with Nikki, that intro was a little thin... maybe you could tell us a little about yourself and your mommy so the welcomes might be a little more related than possibly premature. Like... how, who, where and when was your mommy diagnosed? How old is she? Was it a confirmed diagnosis? When you get a chance... let us know what you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back