Diagnosis
02/2014
Country
US
State
VA
City
Round Hill
I have been lurking on this forum for quite some time and I find it very helpful and thought it was about time to make my presence known. My husband was diagnosed on February 4, 2014 with bulbar onset. He seems to have a slow progression, which is good. However there are times when even a slow progression is a small comfort. We are trying to be proactive and positive but it is good to connect with everyone on this forum.

Hello, and welcome to our happy family :) Seriously, I'm sorry that you need to be here, but glad that you've decided to join the conversation. My husband was diagnosed last January (limbs, no bulbar yet), and this forum has been a lifesaver. Lurking is good, but talking is even better--it's amazing how much it helps to chat with people who truely understand what you are going through!

Hi, welcome to our wonderful group,
Love Gem

Hi Codyclan, Welcome to our group. As you have discovered there is a lot of knowledge, help, and support available to you here. Glad you have found us to help you. Steph

Welcome.
This certainly is the place to be.
Everyone is wonderful.
Cheryl

Welcome to a group of the most amazing people with such wonderful helpful advice and kind words - I really feel that they are becoming my 'extended family' ! Good thoughts, hope and huge hugs out to you and your hubby

~ Heather ~ xoxoxo

So sorry to be welcoming you here codyclan, you will find far better support can be given to you by you participating and we all get to know each other.

Welcome codyclan! My husband also has bulbar onset, he was diagnosed Feb 2012, symptoms started spring 2011. Slow progression has been a blessing, glad your husband's is also. Tom is just now experiencing limb involvement but is still quite independent. He also started with diaphragm involvement this year. If you ever have any questions or would just like to vent with a wife experiencing the same thing, just send me a private message. Blessings!

of course new members can't private message at the beginning, but that will become available after you have been active for a while :)

Hi! Welcome to the group. But, so sorry for your need to be here. Looking forward to getting to know you. You can always post in the Come for Tea or The Pub is Open thread as well. We talk on there about stuff other then ALS at times and share about our lives. Kim

Welcome to the group. Sorry you have to be here. You will get a lot of support as you know. I was diagnosed the 1st time in Feb as well, but it was a 2nd opinion and "official" in April.

Is Hill Top restaurant still there in Round Hill. I think that was the name. They had terrific pies and the little lake was a lot of fun to eat next to. I also liked the links style golf course there. It has been well over 20 years since I was there. We used to drive there when I lived in NOVA.

Doug

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Thank you ECpara for the info about your husband's progression. I am sure I will have questions for you as we continue down this road.

Doug, Hill High restaurant itself is no longer in business, but it has been replaced by Mom's Apple Pie which has even better pies, if that is possible. There is also a new winery called Bogati Bodega that is in the same building. They have a patio that looks out on the lake and they still have the picnic tables and such there. In the winter they have a wonderful stone fireplace going. It is charming. They even have a comedy show there on certain Fridays. Round Hill is moving up in the world ;-)

Thank you all, again, for all your kind words and support.
Tracy

Hi, welcome to the group. You will find lots of support here!

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome codyclan, I am also bulbar, this is a great group of caring people.

Janie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back