11/2014
Country
Uni
State
VA
City
Vienna
Hi,

I was diagnosed by my Neurologist at the end of October and since have been to two ALS clinics that have confirmed the diagnosis. I am 48, divorced and share custody of my two children. Things are a little overwhelming but I have told all of my family but the kids. I am waiting until the after the holidays. I have some weakness in my right hand and some tongue issues. Just wanted to say hello.

So sorry to welcome you. You are still trying to come to grips with this, so take tour time. This is a safe place for support and help, filled with good people. Welcome!

Welcome to Heartbreak Hotel.

Welcome.....new friend.

Hello and Welcome....

Welcome and sorry you are here.
Marty

Sorry to welcome you here but you will find plenty of support here!

So sorry to welcome you into our elite group

Welcome to the group...I used to live in NOVA...sorry you have to meet us but there are a lot of great people here

Hello and welcome -- given what we've been given, this has got to be one of the best places anywhere for you to be. I hope your kids have a wonderful Christmas--try to focus on their joy. It'll be rough, but life is so much better if you can let this awful truth go and enjoy the moments as they come. Living in the future is only for legal matters and logistical planning...

Welcome CgarVienna, Take thinga one day at a time. This time right after diagnosis can be an emotional rollercoaster, especially with the holidays. Try to enjoy all the time you spend with your kids. How old are they? My son is 12.

Everyone here will be very supportive and helpful. No question is too personal or gross. Likely someone has dealt with the situation and can offer perspective that may help.

Sorry you are here but so glad you found us.

like all the others, sorry to meet you here but welcome!

The next weeks, months will be an emotional roller coaster. Try to go with the flow, expect fear, anger, bitterness, and a new awareness of life. I have found that being active here on these forums has helped me in way I cannot explain, but you will see.

before trying miracle cures, etc., ask here, go to alsuntangled dot com.

Lastly, anxiety can be debilitating so beware.

Lastly, lastly DON'T FALL, take vitamins, keep your calorie intake up, and stay away from sick people, especially w/ respiratory problems.

Kind regards and warm welcome,

Max - Tuesday, December 30, 2014 12:19:49 PM

ALS sucks, but It Is What It Is ... and someone else has it worse so I'll try not to complain today!
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back