Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Austin
I've reluctantly moved myself over to the "newly diagnosed". After requesting a copy of my records, and reading them today, reality hit when I read my diagnosis, ALS. Referred to UT Medical in San Antonio. (11/19)
Seeing it on record and reading the reports and details definitely shook me up.
Marty

Marty, I'm sorry. Know that you aren't alone!

Marty, this is the place to come for support, caring and information to make things easier! There are more practical ideas here then you'll ever get from the doctors- because people here are living it! Any questions? The answers are with these wonderful people who are so willing to share what they've learned and are living with! Welcome.

Marty, so sorry to have to welcome you here. It is a shock--and it turns life into a rollercoaster ride of emotions. You are in the right place. The folks here are wonderful and supportive, and the light is on at all hours of the day and night.

>Marty, so sorry to have to welcome you here. It is a shock--and it turns life into a rollercoaster ride of emotions.

Ditto that!

Max - Monday, October 27, 2014 7:27:44 PM

ALS sucks, but It Is What It Is ... and someone else has it worse so I'll try not to complain today!
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013

Oh Marty, it really sucks when you see it in print the first time! My husband was devastated. Its really hard and emotional and feels crazy. Just try to take it slow one day at a time. This group has so much knowledge and we will give you encouragement and support through the difficult times. Ask any questions you have because we learn from each other. Welcome

Greetings, Marty! We're all one big family here. You'll find that we're always ready to answer a question and as equally ready to cry or laugh with you (as best fits any particular moment). And though you may not realize it yet, you will help make each of us stronger by your own participation here. Again, welcome...

Jim

So so so sorry, Marty. Please come here often, the PALS on here have the biggest hearts and will help you through all the hills and valleys. God bless!

i know how it is when they give you your walking papers. a lot here have showed me what's what. welcome to the..........

Welcome to the club no one wants to join.

Welcome to Heartbreak Hotel.

I'm so sorry you've joined our exclusive club. I've just read back on your previous threads, and I really do mean it when I say you have a big shock to get through and you have support here.

I am so sorry that you have to be here

I am so sorry to welcome you here. I am new here also so I know the shock your feeling as does everyone here. Laughter helps, I promise!:)

Hello mpnatx: I, too, am sorry you are dealing with ALS. But you know, not everyone succumbs to this disease -

My sincerest best wishes to you in your struggle and keep in touch!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back