Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
State
Pa
City
Secane
Once again, Im here due to my mothers diagnosis of ALS. She is home now from a spinal fusion operation. I have been trying to educate my self about what to expect. I figure I should just ask here. What should I be looking for.
She does have problems moving her right foot. So called "drop foot" i'm guessing. She has been fitted with a brace to give her some more support. The pain in her lower back is the reason for the spinal fusion operation. It was a decision to hopefully reduce the pain. By the way, she tells me that she was diagnosed last November so I can only tell you about what I can notice now. Her voice does seem to be a little weak. Im not sure about this. I did think it was due to the operation. It seems that she has better days and its not as noticeable some day.

What things should I be looking for, or rather looking out for? Im sure there are different signs that present them selves to individuals. I understand that theres no time schedule with these things. Im just trying to get some kind of idea about the progression of this.

Thanks everybody

Something I found really helpful is the thread here about Anticipatory planning. It will hel you help her and give you clues what may be coming. Good luck. Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back