Old 06-03-2014, 09:55 PM #1 (permalink)
New Member (Say Hi)

City: New Delhi
State: New Delhi
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Santa is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: New Delhi
State: New Delhi
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Santa is on a distinguished road
Default Questions about PROGRESSIVE BULBAR PALSY?

1. Time of first symptom
  2. What was your first symptom?
  3. Time you visited neurologist first time?
  4. Did any symptom got better ever...or was it detoriating always?
  5. Did anyone start having symptoms after upper respiratory infection?
  6. Did you have falling on one side or weakness of legs and it got better?
  7. Did you suffer from Bell's palsy, hypothyroidism, &/or vitaminb12 deficiency?
  8. What was your EMG report?
  9. Time when diagnosed?
  10. Story of Your fight with this disease and your recommendations for others suffering from bulbar ALS?

Time of first symptom: May 2012
What was your first symptom? Deviation of angle of mouth.
Episode: December 2012 slurring of speech, shortness of breath, falling on one side
Time you visited neurologist? December 2012 after episode
Did any symptom got better ever...or was it detoriating always? Yes, I took thyroid medications and b12 got better. No falls now.
Did anyone start having symptoms after upper respiratory infection? Both times symptoms after uri. Had Bell's palsy first time. Took steroid med deviation went off.
Did you have falling on one side or weakness of legs and it got better? Yes in December 2012
Did you suffer from Bell's palsy, hypothyroidism, &/or vitaminb12 deficiency? Yes all of these.
What was your EMG report? Acute and chronic denervation
Time when diagnosed? May 29th 2014

Presently I have slurring of speech and shortness of breath on speaking and weakness of tongue and lower lip. I was given pyridostigmine, b12, calcium, thyroid meds.
Salivation and Muscle twitch appear only on taking pyridostigmine which are it's side effects.

I am newly diagnosed pbp and your answers will help me and others who are newly diagnosed make a timeline for ourselves to fight with this disease.

Much thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
bulbar, bulbar als, diagnosed, emg, falling, meds, muscle, muscle twitch, neurologist, newly diagnosed, pbp, questions, respiratory, shortness of breath, speech, story, symptom, symptoms, timeline, tongue, twitch, weakness