05/2013
Country
CA
State
BC
City
North Vancouver
Hi,
I'm 44 years old and I am newly diagnosed with ALS. The last 2 years I was misdiagnosed with MS. I have been the gammet of meds for MS with no relief and symptoms getting worse. I have drop foot on my right side along with right leg atrophy. My hands are getting weaker what seems to be by the day. I am so new to this that I'm still in shock. I'm not sure where to go or what to do from here. I am recently single and dont have a significant other to to go this road with. Ive done my best to research what I can. I'm ucky in the respect that I have a very good career that affords me benifits to help mitigate the care I will eventually need. I'm just looking for any information, thoughts others could provide.
Kevin

Well I am sorry to say welcome. You will find a wealth of information here and lots of love and support. Everyone here is wonderful. Don't be afraid to ask any questions. Someone here will chime in with an answer or know someone who can answer.

Ozzy I am very sorry. You will indeed find friends and support here. When the shock subsides I am sure you will have lots of questions and also a need to let out some of the feelings. We are here for you
Nikki

Thank you so much..I'm writing down questions as they pop in my head. At the moment just sorting thru my feelings.

Hello from Ottawa,

Sorry you had reason to find us. We are a friendly bunch, and are here for you. Have you been to the ALS clinic yet? Also, please register with the ALS Society. I have found the staff here to be super people - caring snd indightful.

Hope to hear from you often.

Hi,

I am very sorry about your diagnosis. But, on the bright side, you've found the right place for reliable information, help and support . I understand just how overwhelming this new reality is for you, and maybe in some small way, we all can all help you navigate it.

Just don't forget that this diagnosis is not the end of everything, there is life after diagnosis.
Just set your own pace and don't forget to take one day at a time.
You just need to decide what things are the ones you want to do first.
I hope your progression to be slow.

Take care and remember, we are here for you whenever you need us.

NH

Hi Elaine,
I havent been to the clinic yet, I am waiting for my appointment. I have the forms to register with the ALS society but havent got them in yet. ive only known for a few days.
kevin

Thank you for the kind words NH. I'm trying to take it one day at a time...Lots going thru my head.

Thank you for the kind words NH. I'm trying to take it one day at a time...Lots going thru my head.

Yeah, I know the feeling.

At least, here you have a fellow Canadian (Ottawa Girl) who is very active on these forums helping and comforting people and, she also can guide you about the services offered for PALS in Canada.

NH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back