Diagnosis
01/2013
Country
US
State
NY
City
Scotia
My friend is newly diagnosed. Speech slurred, sleep apnea, some fasiculations, lyrangospasms and some vagal events with near syncope.

She is recently complaining of itchy scalp. Is this common with ALS? Anyone have a suggestion?

we are finishing up initial visit with ALS clinic in a couple weeks, then she is planning to travel to someplace warm. Any travel tips would be appreciated.

THis forum is giving me lots of information to help me cope and help her. Thanks.
Dawne

Yes itchy scalp is very common. Do a search using the search button.

Hi,

can you please let me know- how your friend was diagnosed, i also have sleep apnea and get laryngospasm, though no problems with speech and had clean EMG's and clean neuro exams.

Hi,

can you please let me know- how your friend was diagnosed, i also have sleep apnea and get laryngospasm, though no problems with speech and had clean EMG's and clean neuro exams.

You have already been assured by your own doctors, and told by Wright and others in this forum, that you do NOT have ALS. Please, get your anxiety seen to as recommended to you and stop bothering the people here who are truly affected by this disease. I think there exist other forums which would be beneficial to you and your particular non ALS related issues. Perhaps you could google the word anxiety and find a suitable chat room.

Sorry about bothering you guys, but i am having lot of symptoms which are indicative of ALS, like

1) widespread Twitching
2) tightness in throat (Throat Spasm)
3) Scalloped tongue
4) Lump in the throat

i am confused, thats why have been bothering you guys.

Regards

Go to about BFS.com and ask them

Thanks for the search tip- now I know another way to use the forum.

Thanks for the search tip- now I know another way to use the forum.

Dawn,

The search tip to bfs site was not intended for you, but for the guy who hijacked your thread!

BFS is a sight for people with benign fasciculation syndrome

Hi dawn,
can you please let me know- how your friend was diagnosed, i also have sleep apnea and get laryngospasm, though no problems with speech and had clean EMG's and clean neuro exams. How was your friends EMG and was any problem found on the clinical exam.

vaibhav, Wright answered your questions. 6 EMG,Wright, and your doctors say you do NOT have ALS. Get your self together .PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back