Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
Nebraska
City
Ceresco
If you guys remember I was diag nosed around the 18th of December. I have noticed fasciculations in my stomach. I'm sure they have been there since the start but was just curious if anyone else experiences these fascics. or not. I know it progresses differently in everybody just hoping this isn't the sign of it starting to work on my bulbar area
Thanks

This shit sux!:p

Hi Greg,

I get those belly fasciculations once in awhile- disconcerting. Mostly on my left side- which is the primary weakness.
They feel even weirder in the butt cheeks- have you had those yet?

Greg,

I haven't experienced any in my stomach area...my main weakness right now is my lower body mostly the left leg so I feel them in my legs. One of things I recommend (and I'm a big offender!) is don't let yourself get too anxious or fearful...just call the doc, come on here but the mind is a powerful thing and has not always been my ally since my diagnosis in December.

Anyway, I agree more than I can ever convey - THIS SHIT SUCKS! So far, my immobility isn't even that bad...but I already am having a very hard time as someone who has been so independent.

Hang in there and good luck!

Bernie

Yep! Abdomen, sides, back, hands, arms, buttocks, even perineum.
Now they are becoming noticeable to others in my chin as my speech has taken a hit over the last several months.

thank you guys for the replies. i haven't noticed any in the buttocks or the perineum.....that will be interesting:)

I get fasciculations in my lower abdomen sometimes. I can get them pretty much anywhere I have tired muscles but regularly thighs and upper left arm. But I only get them when I lie down in bed and relax the muscle. They trail off after a while.

Only get a few strong ones in my stomach... reminded me of when I was pregnant, especially with my ALS buddha belly.

I get fasciculations in my stomach area. Who am I kidding, I have them everywhere and I mean everywhere! Head to toe!

Just think of them as your friends. When they are gone, so is the muscle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back