Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
US
State
Anywhere
City
Gotham
I was just diagnosed with ALS last month, but have been living with it for 4 to 5 years. This type I have is almost all UMN. My neurologist said LMN is barely perceptible. This was based on nerve conduction and EMG.
I've read that PLS is often misdiagnosed as ALS. Regardless, I am hoping that LMN involvement does not progress. ALS is more common than PLS, and often PLS progresses to ALS, but not always.
Anyway, I'm living with it so far, and I believe with new technology I can live with it a lot longer I hope.
I certainly don't have all the answers, but feel free to contact me here if you wish.

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis, and I'm even more sorry that it took so long. I can't imagine. My mom was diagnosed by a neurologist around 2 months ago and we're waiting on a 2nd opinion in St. Louis. I can't imagine waiting 4-5 years to get it figured out. It is very scary and discouraging to sit and wonder if she (and I) will go through the same thing. How did you cope with the anxiety and wondering?

welcome summerguy sorry for your diagnosed but glad you found u. there's a wealth of knowledge here. look around ask questions

I'm sorry you have cause to join us but glad at the same time that you found us! Welcome to the Forum Summerguy!

Hi Summerguy.

Its a hard diagnosis, but, I've been told several times by neurologists that our history predicts our future, so your slow progression so far would indicate it will remain so... no cliffs to fall suddenly off in the near future.

As Marypat said, there really is so much information here, and help from others who have similar situations. I hope you feel welcome and find support and friendship here.

Hello and welcome.

It's a great forum with fabulous people. Glad you found us and happy to get to know you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back