wv.
City
renick
Anyone know where the va stands.
With thc/ cbd. In the system they can easily know through urine/ blood
So question is even though a state may have it legal the Feds say it's not
Can va refuse to treat a vet?

Rats. I swore I already posted this.

VA Directive 2011-004 says two important things about this. First, VA will not refuse treatment just because you use MJ. Secondly, VA is not allowed to prescribe MMJ, and may not fill out an approval form for you to get MMJ elsewhere.

When your VA doc requires a drug test from you, it is not for discipline or law enforcement use. It is to see what is already in your system, so they can prescribe the proper dosages of pain meds to you. Also, if VA has prescribed pain meds, they want to ensure that you're actually taking them. VA will not refuse treatment to you for MMJ. They are not trying to "catch" you using illegal drugs. They just need to know the chemistry of the patient they are trying to treat.

If your doctor makes you sign a pain contract, follow the rules of the contract. They can refuse pain treatment if you don't follow that contract.

I am not worried about legal or discipline situations but I am concerned about not getting va treatment as I need it.
So do some think when asked if I use other meds besides the one va dx I might say yes I use mj and be clean and on board .

I think that if you don't mention it and they find out, the result might be not to your liking.

VA regs--and real world practice that I am familiar with--say that they will not interrupt treatment just because you pee positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back