Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
wv.
City
renick
Today my cal and I went to a vet support group. This is the fourth time.
Each time we lose someone or two and get new vets coming in.

It's very interesting! Lots of sharing ideas of what works and calming the new folks who are scared $ hit less and for good reason.
We each have a disease but it digresses at different speeds so it is interesting to see each other every three months and see the changes. WOW!

It's an emotional ride! To say the least.
If your a vet and there is this happening at your va hosp I highly suggest going.
We also have alsa, PVA, and other reps there to help with va issues.
Just good to be around other folks living the life.

Also the cals get to have their own time in another room. Good support!
I tell them all about our site all the time, but as we all know this disease likes to seperate,isolate the pals just to make things more misserable.

Sorry this so long I won't post @ check- in. Haha. Love ya all.
Chally

Glad to hear it, Chally. Thanks.

Some sites, Tampa for instance, offer a call in option if you cant go in person.

I would be interested in learning more about this?

Some sites, Tampa for instance, offer a call in option if you cant go in person.

Chally, thanks ever so much for yet another uplifting post! It's always a joy to read your posts and enjoy your humor!

I do wish there was a Veterans' Support Group near me. The ALSA support group is great, but being with fellow veterans seems like it would be leagues better.

John

Chief, Dr. Catherine Wilson runs the group. Anyone on the Tampa team can give you details. When we participated, they were on Tuesdays at 2pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back