Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
Florida
City
The Villages
Did anyone get the Hill-Rom? What model? What mattress? I'm with the Tampa VA....any ideas what i should expect?

Thank you.

Steve got a standard, old, hospital bed. It had an air mattress that rolled him so pressure sores would not occur. He was quite comfortable.

My team recommended the Dolphin mattress over the pro-bed. I'm happy with it.

Terry, The VA will evaluate you and order a bed/mattress to meet your needs. Kinesiology, OT, etc work together to recommend.

Tampa VA gave us a very versatile bed that could electrically raise up high and tilt forward so the patient was practically taller than me. The first air mattress was uncomfortable, but they replaced it quickly with a rotating mattress that made all the difference.

Greg, What type of frame do you have on your Dolphin mattress? I've been going back and forth on Dolphin versus Pro bed for awhile. Pain is a major issue for me even though I can still move around.

It's a standard one, the dolphin mattress doesn't need anything more.

It goes up, down, head up, down, feet raise, incline/tilt whole frame with head up or feet up.

GregK

Will the dolphin allow the head or foot to raise when the mattress is inflated??

Even the bed steve had would do this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back