Diagnosis
09/2012
Country
US
State
Florida
City
The Villages
I am 100% Disability and was just approved for an R1. It appears the SMC R1 was paid but the disability payment was stopped. It was my understanding that I would get both payments. Am I wrong?

Thank you.

Nope you should be getting both... If I understand your question. Steve got compensation, aid and attendance, and r2. I would call pva

Exactly...we received a letter anytime steve had a rating change which showed the new payment amount. It had a breakdown of the different areas and how they added up to the new amount.

My understanding was the rating drove the dollars for aid and attendance and compensation.

My understanding as well though in addition to the aid and attendance at the R1 rating, it is VA policy for 28 hours of home health care a week. Admittedly it is policy many VA's do not follow or educate about but it is in writing. It is one of those situations in which sometimes the veteran has to fight for those hours. In addition to the 28 hours a week the caregiver is entitled to respite hours.

Yes Mary you are right....but in Tampa, they dont have enough home health money. That is why I emailed the Secretary��

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back