va more efficient than private sector????

Status
Not open for further replies.

gooseberry

Extremely helpful member
Reason
Lost a loved one
Diagnosis
5/2014
Country
US
State
FL
City
Tampa
In this craziness one has to pursue after a loved one dies, I never thouht the VA and SSI would be finished before the private sector stuff.

Now that you mention it, VA and SS have been very efficient and helpful to me, too.

I forgot one thing. You know the $10,000 life insurance policy that VA gives you when you're P&T? It seems that my PVA guy sent it in, but VA didn't get it, and I just forgot about it. Years later, I thought "I wonder where that insurance went?" So I went down to the PVA office and he found out that VA never got the application and none of us followed up on it, so I didn't get that benefit. Oh well.

I had life insurance and mortgage paid off with in 10 days of submission. Once I had ssi interview, payment arrived the next day to the account. My life insurance on steve has been 3.5 weeks and multiple calls. It went thru a special review, etc. Only dic is pending which they say can be 4 months.

I have the 10,000 and mortgage ins I have been on ssi along w/ P&T for 20+ yr. what can cals collect from ssi after I go on?

Not sure if a person can collect SSI (Supplementary Security Income) as well as Soc Sec Survivor's Benefit at the same time. Then, of course, The survivor, as early as 60 years old, can opt to collect the worker's Soc Sec Retirement Income. But we can only choose one program, and only receive up to a maximum amount.

Check with the state VA for any benefits they might have. Florida pays tuition for a bachelor's degree.

Chally, have you applied for the waiver of premiums on the 10K live insurance? Once that's approved, you can purchased 30K more (but will have to pay the premium on the additiona amount). We are waiting for Matt to stop working to apply for the waiver.

Yes Becky I have had that waiver all long but I let the 30,000 lapse and now to late believe me I tried to get it but no go. See ya in DC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back