Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
KY
City
Louisville
My dear sweet father passed away on Saturday, August 22nd. My mother, brother and sister and I were with him when he left his battle weary body and rose to a better place. As heart breaking as it was we had to smile shortly after his passing as we knew he was popping a top on a beer and saying "ahhh" for a first taste after so long without.

He was such a wonderful man and the best father. I thought we had more time together but I know that he no longer suffers. My heart is full of wonderful silly everyday memories that no disease will ever take from me. I was lucky to have had him in my life and he will always be a part of me.

scan0048-1.jpg picture by Danabrger - Photobucket DadDanaKatieMdsion09-1.jpg picture by Danabrger - Photobucket 19Dad.jpg picture by Danabrger - Photobucket 17ThumbsUpChristmas08-1.jpg picture by Danabrger - Photobucket MeandmyDad-1-1.jpg picture by Danabrger - Photobucket

I will always love you Dad.
Dana

I am so sorry for your loss! May God comfort you through this time.

Oh Dana! I so heart broken to hear this sad news. Even though I never met your dad, I felt like I knew him through your posts. I am so sorry for your loss. It is plain to see in the pictures that you posted how close you two are and what a beautiful relationship you have. Please know that you have been in my thoughts since your dad entered the hospital. I am sending you my deepest sympathies. I hope you find comfort in knowing that he is up there enjoying that cold one!

Big big hugs,
A fellow daughter

Dana,

I am sorry For your lost, as you said he is popping the top off of a beer and doing all the things that he enjoyed.

Dana,
I am so sorry, you are such a special daughter, and your fine father lives on through you. We all felt like we were friends of this dear man, you represented him in such a loving, cheery, and happy way. I always think of all of the god people who are gone, and aI think that the place that they are in much be full of goodness. Thinking of you.

Dana,
I am so very sorry for the loss of your father; please accept my heartfelt condolences.
My prayers today will be for you & your family.

i am so sorry i thought he was getting better ,just remember your warm memories and love for one another

Dear Dana,
I am so sorry that you have lost your father. What wonderful pictures you posted. I am praying for him and you and your family.
Laurel

Dana,

I'm so very sorry you lost your Dad! Like you said, he is in a better place. Thank you for the great pictures of your dear father.

Dana, I'm so sorry for your loss. Please give your family my condolances. This disease is terrible! You want them with you,but when they leave you are sad and happy. Sad for your own loss but happy they no longer have to fight with this demon. May your happy memories make the loss a little easier to bear.
Colleen

Dana,

I'm so sorry! You made us feel like we knew him by sharing stories about him and how he took the changes in stride.

Thanks so much for sharing the photos with us.He was truly blessed to have a daughter who loved him as much as you.

Hold those memories you made close!

Oh Dana, I just found your posting. I'm so sorry you had to lose your daddy. What a sweet, wonderful man he was, and you have been such a loving daughter to him. I hope he's having a beer with my Andy! There has to be a special place in heaven for PALS...My prayers and blessings to you, your mom, and the rest of your family who will miss him here on earth. xo Pam

Dana, keep those memories close to your heart, and I am so glad you could all smile knowing he is now at peace! Best wishes for your family.

Dana,

My mom wanted to let you know how sorry she is to hear about your Dad. I hope you got my pm to you alright. I think Pam is right and Andy and your Dad are enjoying each others company with a beer.

Hugs to you
Dana

Dana,

Condolences from my family to yours.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back