Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
US
State
ID
City
Wilder
My husband, Wayne, passed away Thursday night, July 9. In March he was out on the tractor doing farm work, in April he helped our nephew install a water heater. About three days later he fell and started the rapid downhill journey then. He completely lost his ability to speak in February and had a PEG tube put in June 12.

I'll miss him so much. But, he was such an active person (I called him the original Energizer bunny) being confined to bed was pure torture for him.

Donna

Donna,
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband.
My condolences.
Dana

Donna, I am so sorry to hear about Wayne. It is awful that he went so fast but at least he is no longer suffering. Please take care of yourself and accept my sincere condolences.

Barry

I am sure you will miss him terribly, enjoy your memories of him, he would want you to be happy, that is what all parents want for there children. May you have peace. God bless.

I am sorry donarden, I should have said loved ones not parents and child.ren I had just read a different post, I apologise

So sorry to hear of your loss.

Donna I am so so sorry to hear about the loss of Wayne. He sounds like such a great guy and I hope you find some comfort in knowing that he had your love and your devotion all throughout this ALS journey. Please accept my deepest sympathies. My hear goes out to you...

Donna,

So very sorry for the loss of your husband. So much, so fast. I hope you will have time to process it and come to a place of peace and comfort.

Donna, I am so sorry to hear about Wayne. It is awful that he went so fast but at least he is no longer suffering. Please take care of yourself and accept my sincere condolences.

Barry

Thanks, Barry, and to all the rest who posted their condolences. You're right, it happened way too fast. But, I'm so glad he is no longer suffering. My family and friends have been absolutely wonderful.

One friend came over as soon as I called her right after Wayne's passing and started a list of what I needed to do and who I needed to call the next day. It made it so much easier the next morning just to start down the list and get everything done. It's great to have friends like that.

My son came out and spent the night with me. Now, 3 of my grandkids are staying with me until the services on Thursday.

Donna

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss. It sounds like Wayne was a very fortunate man to be able to remain active. He was blessed to have you to care for him.

It is wonderful your friends and family are surrounding you with love.

So sorry for your loss of Wayne, Donna.

AL.

So sorry for the loss of your husband. May your memories give you comfort in this time of sadness.

Sorry for your loss....may you find peace in knowing he is no longer a prisoner of ALS.

Rick and I join with these others to say how sorry we are and hope that you are able to keep the happy times to the forefront as you go through this terrible time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back