Diagnosis
10/2007
Country
IE
State
Ireland
City
Dublin
Hi all, Sadly I am writing today to let you know that my wonderful best friend and mother passed away a week ago today. She had been sick for a few days and very sleepy and drowsy, but I never thought this was going to happen. Over the last 17months with her battle with mnd I thought many times that she could die, but last week I really didnt think that was the case. When we woke I started washing her as normal but noticed she looked off colour and was very limp in my arms so I put her back in bed as I thought she was still too sleepy, as time passed I realised this wasnt the case.

Thankfully the hospice nurse came out and at first thought she might have days or weeks, after an hour she said it looks like hours, or maybe she'd last through the night, as she was telling me this, the bipap alarm was going, as we ran into her, she was leaving us. It happened that quickly. It was all soo shocking! My mam didnt want ventilation and so we stayed at home, she didnt want morphine and by the time the nurse was putting the drip on, mum had gone. She really went her own way. She couldnt speak that morning, but she didnt seem in any pain. She didnt want us crying around a bed for days, thats what she said, and thankfully that didnt happen.

Im sorry this message is a bit blunt and to the point but im still in a daze, everything feels like a dream, It just feels like she is gone out on one of her holidays, not like shes gone forever.
I will come back again in a few days and try to explain properly but for now, I really just wanted to let everyone here know how much I appreciated all the advice.
Mam, I will always love and miss you x x x x

my goodness. i have been thinking about you and your mam all week. i'm so, so sorry for your loss. I just know from the way you talked about your mum that you were a great daughter and a great support to her. god bless your dear mum. i am truly shocked and sad. xo

i am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mum.
for this to happen so suddenly must be a great shock and will take time to sink in.
when you are ready we will be here to listen and support you any way we can.

Hi, I can remember when you started this journey, and am so grateful that it ended in Peace for your mom and yourself.. I know that you were such a loving and kind Cals who was so special.. I am sorry you have lost you dear mom, but she seemed lovely, and has graced this world with a special person, (YOU). I hope you come and share your knowledge in the future, what a help a cals can be to so many. You are now your mom and mnd's voice..

Please accept my deepest sympathies on the loss of your mother. Losing your mother is one of the most difficult things that there is but now she is at peace. I know that she appreciated you being there for her and we have appreciated you being here.

Barry

Angie

My Mom also passed away from ALS on Feb 09th of this year. I miss her very much. She was a hero and will forever remain my angel.

This news truly breaks my heart. I know your sweet Mam is at peace now but this must be such a shock for you. Please know, as others have already said, that you have our support here. I hope you can draw strength in knowing that your mother got her wishes in the end and that when she left this world, it was with her loving and dedicated daughter by her side. That is such a special gift that you gave her. You have my deepest sympathies.

Sorry for the loss of your mum. I know she'll be missed.

AL.

Hello Susan,

I am sorry to hear of your mom's passing. I know how much I miss my mom and know what you are going through. Take care of yourself.

Barry

My sincere sympathy on the loss of your dear mam, mndireland, I have had you on my mind lately and I pray that you are resting well now. It sounds like your mam's passing was a true blessing and she did not suffer.
My prayers will remain,
God bless,
brenda

I am so sorry to hear the news about your mom. Just remember it is just so long and not goodbye because you will see her again. Bev

My deepest sympathy to you. You are a dear and especially kind person to show such loving care of your mum.

I'm so deeply saddened by your loss. It sounds as if she really did go on her own terms...and I hope you know you did all you could to comfort her in her journey...

I am so sorry! Your mum could not have ever wished for a more devoted daughter. There may not be much certainty in life, but she had that for sure.

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your mother.
You were nothing less than an angel to her.
May God comfort you during this time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back