Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
bruce emailed me yesterday ,said they were going to take del off life support(peg and vent)
bruce went and stayed with him .
he emailed today to say del died at 7.30am(u.s time)this morning.
they gave del morphine so he went peacefully.

thankyou to all those who helped del,especially sharonca and all those who showed there support like ........tryingtostaypositive,jimmercat and others who names i can not recall right now.
also to sharona who was also a good friend and emailed del ofton,godbless you.
it would be nice if you gave your condolances to bruce,he was a close friend of dels for many many years and is heartbroken.
he has looked in on the forum once before,so i will tell him to look here,i know he will find comfort from your support.

i,d like to say a few words.
as many others fighting this desease and those loved ones who have departed,del was an insperation.
he tried so hard to fight right to the end.
we talked about so many things besides his als and problems.
the year of friendship i had with him made my life so much richer.
he had a cheeky sense of humour and would ofton make me laugh.
during one phone call(he used his voice machine to answer questions)i made him laugh,it was so good to hear that.
i will miss him but as i told him in my last card "its not goodbye just see you later".
if i keep my faith i know i will meet del in person one day in gods promised new order,were he will be happy and healthy and reunited with his family.

thankyou and godless.

I followed his thread for quite some time. My heart went out to him. His home life seemed to be so bad that I could not wrap my mind around it. The one good thing that comes out of this is that he is no longer suffering.

Sorry for your loss Caroline. I know how you stuck up for Del when others couldn't believe his exploits. I'll miss hearing about him. He was rather an unusual character. May he finally have the peace he deserves.

AL.

caroline

I kept up on your post about Del and prayed for him often. I pray that you will have peace with his passing, Thanks for your friendship to him, I know you got a lot out of it too. We need more people like you in this world. I will pray his ex may find some kind of conscience through this too. I know he is now at peace and we can be thankful for that.

Renee

Into God's hands

Hi ,
I was told by Caroline this am about Del's passing.He was my friend, I will miss his emails greatly. All Del ever wanted was some compassion & understanding from his wife,care that he couldn't do for his self & food . He was my friend & some day I will met him in heaven.The title I put at the top is what is on my Son's tombstone .Del is now in God's hands too.God Bless all.
BRUCE God Bless you too.Del thought very highly of you. I am so thankful he had you as a friend atleast he had someone with him at his end.Take care of Rolex. Del loved his (dog) Rolex.People say it's gets easier with time I say it get different just remember the good times the two of you shared & that he is not in pain but in glory with our Father.
SHARON

Oh Caroline - so sorry to hear the news about Del. When we all thought we had had enough of his stories you and Sharona hung in there. Without you two we would never have known of his trials these last few months. I remember talking to Rene at ALSA the first time about Del and hearing her say his was the most heart wrenching story she had ever encountered. I was ashamed that I had ever doubted him. Maybe we can all have a ALS Healed section in Heaven and meet up!

Sharonca

Del's Friends

Prayers for peace, and comfort in your time of sorrow, for the lose of your friend.

May he rest in peace!

Caroline, I am so sad to read of Del's passing, although now he is at peace. I echo Renee's sentiment, that the world
is a better place because of people like you and Bruce. God bless you both. I am so glad that Del was not alone at the end.

I did not correspond with him as much as some others, but no matter what was happening in his situation, Del always
ended on a positive note. Yes, he fought until the end, and I am sure that he knew he was loved by his dear friends.

Caroline, Bruce and Sharon, you are all in my prayers.

Caroline,

Thank you for sending us the news on Del. I was just wondering about him earlier today. I am thankful he had folks outside of his family that cared so deeply for him. I'm sure it made a temendous difference in his time here.

Rest in peace Del ~

Caroline,

I am so sorry to hear about Del. You know you and Sharona have been such good friends to him. Despite his wife being such a disappointment, he was never truly alone.

What a blessing that he had someone with him who truly cared about him when his time came to cross over.

Bruce, my thoughts are with you. Having been with my mother when her respirator was removed, I know how difficult it can be to be present. But I never regret it, I believe she knew, as I believe Del knew, that people who loved them were there when it mattered.

Lydia

Caroline, Bruce, Sharon, I am deeply sorry for the loss of your good friend Del. I never communicated with him directly but read many of his posts. He was a good guy and it's nice that he had friends like you three on his side. Please accept my deepest sympathies. You will be in my thoughts.

I would like to say that I am happy Del is no longer suffering at the hands of ALS, at the hands of his wife and at the hands of a nursing home or hospital.

Thank you to Caroline for being such a brave soul and keeping in touch with Del. I'm sure Del appreciated the cards and emails from all of us, but especially from Caroline.

Bruce you take care. You are a very special friend for looking out for Del as best you could.

May Del rest in peace. I hope he has a big dog with him on the other side!

P.S.
I think we all have learned lots from Del's ordeal and I thank him for reaching out to let us know of his plight. It certainly opened my eyes as to what could happen to pALS that are left to fend for themselves when they cannot. I will always remember him.

Prayers that del is at peace. He certainly had angels watching over him in friendship,
-b

Caroline , Bruce anf Sharona- my thoughts are with you over the loss of Del - it's been a long journey for you all, but he is at peace now.

Kind regards

Flowerpot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back