Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
PA
City
Southwestern
I've been registered for a long time, but have never posted much. I just want to say that my heart goes out to everyone who has lost someone - recently and not so recently - to ALS. I wish I could just hug each of you!

I lost my darling husband Kenny on April 29. He fought ALS for 6 1/2 years, and finally after suffering brain damage brought on by SIADH (some sort of hormone imbalance) and seizures, we decided to take him off his vent and let him go home. He was only 43 years old.

I've heard people say that when their loved ones died from ALS they pictured them running, not walking, thru heaven's gates. I love that thought and I truly believe it! My husband was a marathoner and I just KNOW that when he gave up his earthly body he received a brand new one - one that will never be weak or fail him. Your loved ones did too! Please take comfort in that.

I've also heard people use the expression "they lost their battle with ALS". I believe that's true, but while they may have "lost the battle", if they trusted in the Lord, then they truly "Lost the Battle, but WON the WAR!"

May God's grace be sufficient for us all. Hang in there everyone. All of the suffering we go thru on this earth will one day just be a dim memory when we're reunited one day with the ones we've loved and lost.

God bless you all.

Lillie

Lillie, I am so very sorry about the loss of your husband. Only 43 ... that is too cruel.

Thank you for this very special message ... it means a lot.

Lillie,

I am so sorry about your husband.

I love your phrase "lost the battle, but won the war"...what a perfect sentiment.

Lydia

Your words have just brought me great comfort. Thank you for posting them. You are in my prayers, for the loss of your husband. May God Bless you with "his" peace that passes all understanding.

Love,
Holly

Lillie,
Thank you for your beautiful post and the encouragement you offer everyone.
I'm so sorry you have lost your husband, and hope that healing has been going on through these months since April. With your faith you can climb mountains!
Blessings and all good wishes to you and your family through the holidays and onward.
Jane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back