Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
MN
City
St. Paul
This morning, after a long journey with ALS, my mom, Lynn Gavin passed away.

At about 6:30 this morning, she asked for an Ativan. And then she asked for morphine, but she had trouble taking it, so she said to forget it. She asked me to turn up the t.v. And then before I lay back down on the air mattress I'd been sleeping on in her room, checked to see that she was comfortable. I woke up nearly three hours later. Knowing something way wrong.

I got up, went to my mom and saw that she had passed. I spent some time with her, washing, dressing and cleaning up the room.

Strangely, our hospice nurse never came. I was sort of under the impression that they came after the patient had passed. Of course, within a half hour someone was here picking up her bi-pap. But my friends have been great. Eight of them took me to a lovely dinner tonight and made sure I had enough wine.

I'm heartbroken. It felt like a scene from a movie, sitting with her, talking to her even though I knew she was gone. I want to thank all of you for your kindness and thoughts over the course of my mom's illness. It means so much to me.

Kaija

I am so sorry for your loss.

Sharonca

Kaija,
I'm so sorry about the passing of your mother. Even though you knew the end would come, you can never be prepared for the reality of it. Absolutely nothing can prepare you for that.
Early morning is such a beautiful and peaceful time to die, and I think it's easier to handle a loved one's passing in the morning. You're rested and the busyness and noise of the day hasn't started yet. (Both my parents died in the early morning.)
I hope you can feel some peace as the days and weeks go by. You'll have the remembrance of your mother with the people you know, and then as the subsequent days pass one by one, I hope you can grieve freely and fully. Your mother will always be with you now in a different way and that is very comforting and beautiful.
Peace to you, Kaija.
Jane

Kaija,

I'm sorry to hear that your mother passed. It was wonderful that your friends were there for you.

Sis

I will keep you in my prayers. I am certain your mother will be eternally grateful to you that you were there with her and loving her until the end of her physical life. Now, comes the afterlife!

My sincere condolences to you and your family Kaija.
AL.

Dear Kaija,
Please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your mom. There is no greater love than that of a mother. There are no words to ease your pain, just know I am here for you.
You are in my thoughts and prayers
In friendship
Jeannie

I am sorry for your loss, Kaija. Please visit us often as you grieve the loss of your mother. Cindy

Kajia, just read your message this morning. I really do not want to use the word "sorry," and I would not want to hurt your feelings at a time like this either, but am pleased to hear that your sweet Mom is finally at rest. The final moments are painful for us loved ones, but our Father always grants us peace in a very mysterious way. Your mom is at rest where there is no more pain. May she rest in peace. My condolences to you and yours. Take care. Had a very busy yesterday, it was my late son's b'day. I was gone all day! God bless!

Irma

Kaija,

Your Mom is at peace now, on to a new realm.

You are a wonderful loving daughter.

i am very sorry to hear about your mum.hoping u to settle down fast in life.sorry for your loss

Hi again, Kaija. I gave additional condolences on the thread where you posted about your Mom's memorial service. I guess you can't have too many good wishes at a time like this. Think is, I'd forgotten about ths thread. Shows what happens when you stay up late!

The service sounds nice, though. I am glad your family got a lot of support and thanks for taking the time to update us. Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back