Old 03-13-2019, 05:56 AM #1 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Minneapolis
State: MN
Diagnosed: 06/2016
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Lkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant future
Very Helpful Member

Lkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant futureLkaibel has a brilliant future
Default Brian Flies Free

I woke at 3:00 AM to give Brian his meds to find that he had passed on. I am happy for him that he is free of the body that had become his prison.

It was a relief to be able to call hospice and not even have to have them come out. The University of Minnesota Bequest Program was here by 4:30 AM to collect his body. So much kindness and dignity.

I sat and said some words to him while I waited. We had peace, we shared love absolutely. The last thing he said to me last week was that he loved me.

When the Chaplin was here yesterday, she said “We love you and we release you”. Indeed, I love him and I release him.
Lkaibel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Lkaibel For This Useful Post:
Angiegal (03-15-2019), azgirl (03-13-2019), Buckhorn (03-13-2019), dldugan (03-13-2019), frankb (03-16-2019), JimInVA (03-13-2019), Jlynn (03-13-2019), KarenNWendyn (03-13-2019), KateEmerson (03-13-2019), KimT (03-13-2019), kitkat (03-13-2019), MarieLaure (03-13-2019), maryhahnward (03-14-2019), Narrowminded (03-13-2019), NothingButLove (03-13-2019), pittsburghgal (03-13-2019), ReginaS (03-13-2019), soonerwife (03-13-2019), texastc (03-17-2019), ThisPresentMoment (03-13-2019), Thomas933 (03-13-2019), vltsra (03-13-2019), wishmobbing (03-13-2019), wmilo (03-14-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 06:10 AM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brian Flies Free

I am glad he is free as he wished to be. From what you have said it sounded like he wished to slip away when alone too. Thank you both for donating.

You did a awesome job. Wishing you peace and comfort.
Nikki J is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nikki J For This Useful Post:
Lkaibel (03-13-2019), wishmobbing (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 06:38 AM #3 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

Very Helpful Member

Even at this time, I thought I should clarify something. Not everyone would feel as Brian did, and I mean no disrespect to anyone who choses, with great dignity to go forward mind and soul in a very disabled body.

It’s beautiful also to be a Stephen Hawkkng or a Steve Gleason or many of the people on this Forum, going as far and as long as you can.

It was simply not Brian’s choice, as body and identity were wrapped together for him in a manner that is hard even for me to fathom. It was only I think his passion for the political process and his great love for me that kept him here this long.

Respect and love to all PALS and their choices.
Lkaibel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Lkaibel For This Useful Post:
Buckhorn (03-13-2019), Clearwater AL (03-13-2019), dldugan (03-13-2019), frankb (03-16-2019), Jhill (03-14-2019), KarenNWendyn (03-13-2019), katygal (03-13-2019), kitkat (03-13-2019), maryhahnward (03-14-2019), Narrowminded (03-13-2019), pittsburghgal (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 07:10 AM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Pittsburgh
State: PA
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Narrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
State: PA
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Narrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond repute

Lenore I am happy for Brian while I hold you tight. Now begins a new road for you, and it will be bumpy. However, please know I am walking this road with you and you are not alone.

There is no judgment here for anyone’s choice of how to deal with this beast. Each person has their reasons for doing as they do, they are as individual as this monster is to each person.

Hugs and love my friend. Know that you did the very, very best for Brian and he was very blessed to have you as his wife, partner and CALS.

hugs
Narrowminded is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 07:29 AM #5 (permalink)

State: Pa
Diagnosed: 11/2011
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
pittsburghgal is just really nicepittsburghgal is just really nicepittsburghgal is just really nicepittsburghgal is just really nicepittsburghgal is just really nice
State: Pa
Diagnosed: 11/2011
pittsburghgal is just really nicepittsburghgal is just really nicepittsburghgal is just really nicepittsburghgal is just really nicepittsburghgal is just really nice

Lenore, I am so grateful that this is over for both of you. Your love for Brian was always evident and you really inspired me to try to express my love more to my PALS. Wishing you comfort and peace.

Sharon
pittsburghgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 07:49 AM #6 (permalink)

City: Wolfeboro
State: NH
Diagnosed: 12/2015
Jlynn is a glorious beacon of lightJlynn is a glorious beacon of lightJlynn is a glorious beacon of lightJlynn is a glorious beacon of lightJlynn is a glorious beacon of light
City: Wolfeboro
State: NH
Diagnosed: 12/2015
Jlynn is a glorious beacon of lightJlynn is a glorious beacon of lightJlynn is a glorious beacon of lightJlynn is a glorious beacon of lightJlynn is a glorious beacon of light

You have done a wonderful thing for Brian. He did it his way. That's so very important. Your truly an inspiration to us all and I wish you nothing but the very best in this new chapter of your life. You so deserve it. I listened to the Toby Keith song you mentioned kept coming on the jazz station. I pictured the two of you listening to it and it made me cry. So appropriate for the circumstances. Hugs to you Lenore. Jlynn
Jlynn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 09:05 AM #7 (permalink)

City: North Port
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 03/2017
ctollar is on a distinguished road
City: North Port
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 03/2017
ctollar is on a distinguished road

Oh Lenore,

You have done taken such amazing care of Brian. I completely understand how you feel. Take it one day at a time. These next few weeks will be a blur, but please remember to take a few minutes each day for you.... Just you!!!
ctollar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 10:26 AM #8 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
Diagnosed: 07/2017
KarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond repute
Very Helpful Member

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
Diagnosed: 07/2017
KarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond repute

Lenore, I have so much respect for both you and Brian.
I cried when I read your post.
But I’m glad he is free.
Peace to you.
I’m still walking with you.
KarenNWendyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 11:58 AM #9 (permalink)

Diagnosed: 12/2017
ThisPresentMoment has a spectacular aura aboutThisPresentMoment has a spectacular aura about
Diagnosed: 12/2017
ThisPresentMoment has a spectacular aura aboutThisPresentMoment has a spectacular aura about

It's a weird thing, to grieve, but to also to be glad that your loved one is free. The love you and Brian had for each other was obvious through your posts. I am so sorry for your loss. You did the most loving thing for him, to honor his wishes.
ThisPresentMoment is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:49 PM #10 (permalink)
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute
Forum Moderator

City: Vancouver
State: BC
Diagnosed: 06/2015
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
ShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond reputeShiftKicker has a reputation beyond repute

Lenore, I am so sorry. Your love and dedication to making sure Brian had the very best care came through in every post you made.

~F
ShiftKicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-14-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:53 PM #11 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute

Lenore,

Brian is looking down at you with so much love. I appreciate all you've shared since Brian's diagnosis. It both enlightened me and challenged me.

God bless you and comfort you.
KimT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 12:58 PM #12 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

Love and peace to you Lenore.

Only Hawking could be Hawking, and only Gleason could be Gleason.

Brian was Brian and his path and choices were right for him. Wrapping you in a hug, I hope you hold tight to that love he showed so clearly. You are amazing xxx
affected is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to affected For This Useful Post:
Buckhorn (03-13-2019), Lkaibel (03-13-2019), wishmobbing (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 01:56 PM #13 (permalink)

City: Houston
State: Texas
Diagnosed: 1/2015
ARCG is on a very distinguished roadARCG is on a very distinguished road
City: Houston
State: Texas
Diagnosed: 1/2015
ARCG is on a very distinguished roadARCG is on a very distinguished road

Lenore,

So sorry for your loss. Your and Brian’s love came through so clearly on this forum, I can only I imagining how deep it was/is.

As I have said before, you are an inspiration, wishing you peace.

Ann
ARCG is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 02:41 PM #14 (permalink)

City: Lenexa
State: KS
Diagnosed: 01/2017
Wilson2009 has a spectacular aura aboutWilson2009 has a spectacular aura about
City: Lenexa
State: KS
Diagnosed: 01/2017
Wilson2009 has a spectacular aura aboutWilson2009 has a spectacular aura about

Lenore,

We are so sorry for your loss. Our deepest sympathy goes to you and your family.
Wilson2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)
Old 03-13-2019, 02:54 PM #15 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute

Lenore, your support for his journey and his last lap meant everything to him. The ability to decide "when and how" to leave disability behind is precious indeed.

Peace and strength for the next forks in your own road.

Best,
Laurie
lgelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Thanks from
Lkaibel (03-13-2019)

Tags
free, hospice, love, meds

« Hump1950’s wife | - »