Old 01-14-2019, 01:27 PM #1 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Stephen Winthrop

A fellow Mass General patient who was an advocate for PALS and trustee for ALSA. He was a brave and good man who fought a long battle ( diagnosed in 2013). He will be much missed.

Deepest condolences to his family and friends
Nikki J is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:16 PM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Pittsburgh
State: PA
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Narrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Pittsburgh
State: PA
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Narrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond reputeNarrowminded has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stephen Winthrop

Hugs to Stephen’s family. May they have peace as he flies free.
Narrowminded is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:01 PM #3 (permalink)

City: Poquoson
State: VA
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
JimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to behold

City: Poquoson
State: VA
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
JimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to beholdJimInVA is a splendid one to behold

Thank you, Stephen, for your advocacy for PALS. My best to his family and friends.

Jim
JimInVA is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 04:11 PM #4 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Stephen. Comfort to his family and friends.
KimT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM #5 (permalink)

City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Vincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to behold
City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Vincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to behold

The ALS community in Canada just lost one of our biggest champions. Eddie K LeFrancois was diagnosed in March of 1992 at the age of 23. His world was crushed, but he went on and lived with a fierceness and joy that most able bodied couldn't keep up with. He lent his voice to ALS advocacy and fundraising to find a cure. In 2017, to celebrate 25 years with ALS he decided to go skydiving. No one would take him up in a plane to jump so he went indoor skydiving instead. Not having his arms tied to him the wind on the machine had his arms flailing wildly. He looked like he was going to beat someone to death, or himself. He had a great time. it wasn't till a couple hours that his arms started to get sore. He had broken both arms and lost what little use of his arms he still had. We met up at a conference the next day, so I asked was it worth it? He got the biggest smile on his face and said, Yes!. We have big shoes to fill....
Vincent
Vincent is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM #6 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
Diagnosed: 07/2017
KarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond repute
Very Helpful Member

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
Diagnosed: 07/2017
KarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond reputeKarenNWendyn has a reputation beyond repute

Always sad to lose such talented people.
KarenNWendyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Tags
advocate, alsa, diagnosed, family, friend

« Mary's Dave | - »