Diagnosis
05/2017
Country
US
State
TX
City
Fair Oaks Ranch
My Pals started a downward spiral 30 days ago. Could no longer talk, appetite diminished, slept 14-15 hours at night and often a long nap in the afternoon. I asked twice if she wanted our granddaughters to come decorate for Christmas and never got a response. I had them cone out anyway and she watched and was pleased with their efforts.

Suddenly Christmas became a priority — and a goal. When are you going to put up the tree - we did right away. Put it where I can see it because this will be my last Christmas. When are you going to show me the picture for the card? Yikes, scramble, scramble. She liked the picture, leading the ALS walk in October with all her team members crowding behind her.

I want to go shopping. Ok. Caregiver and I loaded her up in van, wrapped in a blanket and went as directed to Penney’s, Lifeway, and TJ Max. She directed through letter chart and she bought 30 gifts for friends. Mission accomplished. Our daughter bagged in gift bags and I delivered.

She continued to decline. That awful constipation then diarrhea. Started waking up and looking at me with wide beautiful eyes. I held her hand and prayed for her. Hospice more involved starting December 22. Finally gave her benedryl, lorazepam, halopiderm and morphine on December 25. She left this life on her own terms at 10pm.

Been a whirlwind of planning since the. Daughters and granddaughters immensely helpful. I think I will send everyone home soon and start staring this monster in the face. Blessed with 54 years of marriage to my high school sweetheart. This forum was another blessing. Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
My deepest condolences. Thank you for making her last days so special and helping her accomplish her goals.

You were an awesome care partner.

Peace and comfort to you and your family as she flies free

Roger I am so very sorry for your loss. You were a wonderful CALS, doing everything she asked for in her last days. So beautiful.

Hugs and peace to you as you move forward.

What a lucky lady your PALS was to have you. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending you a huge hug.

So sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Condolences, sorry for your loss.

So sorry for the loss of your wife Roger. What a wonderful goodbye gift you gave her . Sending you thoughts of comfort and peace, Kate

What a beautiful tribute. I’m glad she got to have a memorable Christmas experience with family. May she rest in peace.

So very sorry for your loss

AngIe

Roger, condolences to you and your family and friends. So sorry for the loss of your sweetheart!

I'm so glad that she was able to do her last Christmas her way, Roger, with all of your help. And I'm sure those 30 gifts mean much more to their recipients than their face value. Wishing you and your family much peace and strength.

Best,
Laurie

Roger,

What a wonderful gift you gave your sweetheart during the last month of her life.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers for comfort.

So sorry for your loss! I love that she did it her way! May peace be with you and your family!

I am so sorry for your loss. Big Hug

What a beautiful Christmas experience

She definitely did it her way, flying free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back