Diagnosis
n/a
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Fort Myers
It is with heavy heart that I tell you that my dear husband PAL - Don - lost his battle with ALS in the early hours of this morning. He went into hospital with pnemonia and aspirated while there. He had not wanted invasive ventelation and so we let him go to the Lord after much agonizing over trying to make the right decision.

He was 66 years old, physically unable to do much of anything for himself but a loving husband and father and a wonderful, gentle person loved by all.

His sister had ALS and preceeded him in death in 2006.

He was diagnosed two years and two months ago.

We are in a state of shock as we were not prepared to loose him so very soon.

Hello

Hello, So sorry to hear of your husband's passing. We are losing too many PALS. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Fondly, Beebe

I am so sorry for your loss my prayers are with you and your family.....Gina

12c, my condolences to you, and your family. May your wonderful husband rest in peace. Our Heavenly Father carried my son home on the 3rd of June of this year. I know what you are going through. I pray to our Father that He gives you comfort and peace in your heart. God bless.

Irma

Hello 12c. I am sorry for the passing of your husband. I hope you don't mind that I moved your post down here. Although you haven't been a member long we all feel your loss. Take care.
AL.

Thank you all. Don was both a Canadian and American citizen. We live in Florida and Illinois but spent over fifteen years of our married life in Ontario where he helped to write some of the building Code of Canada. He was a consulting engineer (fire protection and code consulting) for over 40 years.

But most of all, he was such a great husband and a wonderful, supportive, loving father. Family was the most important thing in the world to him. We will miss him terribly!

I had thought to be on this board asking question and answering them for a long time yet as Don was really not so far into his journey with ALS but he's gone and we were not prepared......

I am sorry for your loss, 12c. Don sounds like a wonderful husband and I am sure you will miss him very much. Feel free to continue to visit us. We will help in any way we can. Cindy

My prayers & sympathy go to all your family for the terrible loss.May God give all of you peace.God Bless.
Sharon

My Prayers and Love to you & Family

12c,

It is with much sorrow and regret to hear of your loved ones loss to this horrible disease of ALS.

May God bless you and the family during these times. Please remember the good memories you shared together, as this will get you through this sad time.

Hugs, & Prayers,
Caroliney

I am so sorry for your loss, may God bless you and your family. I will be away for a couple of days. We are heading up to North Bay for a friend's funeral. My husband best friend. Cancer. May God bless you all and keep you well. Bye for now

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your husband - it must be extra hard around the holidays. My mother passed Oct. 23rd, and like you, did not feel prepared. I don't believe we are ever prepared, no matter how much time our loved one has this horrible ALS. My prayers will be with you, he sounded like a wonderful, loving person.

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your dear husband. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. Don is now free of this horrible disease. God Bless. Anne

I'm sorry for your loss. I know it must be hard because it was unexpected at this point in his disease.
Prayers for you and your family,
Carla

I am so sorry for your loss 12c,

I am very sorry for your loss, I as you know also lost my husband to this terrible sickness, may God give peace and blessings to your family.

Hugs,

:cry:Paty: Caregiver to deceased husband Jorge
Baja California, Mexico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back