Old 10-10-2018, 04:02 AM #1 (permalink)

City: Ptolemaida
State: Kozani
Interest: I am a caregiver for someone with ALS/MND.
NinaP is on a very distinguished road
Default NinaP's Mom

My mother died this morning. Just a fyi. I have to arrange stuff. Talk to you later. You got my love.
NinaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:14 AM #2 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NinaP's Mom

I'm very sorry for your loss, Nina, but happy that she was surrounded by your love and that you found the courage to tell her the truth so she could find her peace.

Best,
Laurie
lgelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:57 AM #3 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Boston
State: MA
Diagnosed: 04/2014
Nikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond reputeNikki J has a reputation beyond repute

I am very sorry for your loss Nina. Your mom is free now and you werea loving and faithful daughter. She is proud of you
Nikki J is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:12 AM #4 (permalink)

City: Seekonk
State: Massachusetts
Diagnosed: 02/2018
sassy is on a distinguished road
City: Seekonk
State: Massachusetts
Diagnosed: 02/2018
sassy is on a distinguished road

Wishing you strength, Nina. I hope you find peace over the coming months as you grieve the loss of your Mom- such a wonderful daughter.....she was never alone because she had you.
sassy is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:53 AM #5 (permalink)

City: Kitchener
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 09/2015
Angiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the rough
City: Kitchener
State: Ontario
Diagnosed: 09/2015
Angiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the roughAngiegal is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for your loss Nina.

Angie
Angiegal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 07:37 AM #6 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Pittsburgh
State: PA
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Narrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant future
Very Helpful Member
State: PA
Diagnosed: 07/2007
Narrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant futureNarrowminded has a brilliant future

Nina I am so very sorry for your loss. You have been a great caregiver. Sending thoughts for peace and comfort.

Hugs
Narrowminded is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:59 AM #7 (permalink)

City: Pretty Much
State: Nowhere
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Jrzygrl is a glorious beacon of lightJrzygrl is a glorious beacon of lightJrzygrl is a glorious beacon of lightJrzygrl is a glorious beacon of lightJrzygrl is a glorious beacon of light
City: Pretty Much
State: Nowhere
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Jrzygrl is a glorious beacon of lightJrzygrl is a glorious beacon of lightJrzygrl is a glorious beacon of lightJrzygrl is a glorious beacon of lightJrzygrl is a glorious beacon of light

So sorry for the loss of your Mom, Nina. You were the most loving, wonderful caregiver for her. She is free now. I am sure she is very proud of you. Wishing you peace as you find your way forward.
Jrzygrl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:31 AM #8 (permalink)

State: Pa
Diagnosed: 11/2011
pittsburghgal is a jewel in the roughpittsburghgal is a jewel in the roughpittsburghgal is a jewel in the roughpittsburghgal is a jewel in the rough
State: Pa
Diagnosed: 11/2011
pittsburghgal is a jewel in the roughpittsburghgal is a jewel in the roughpittsburghgal is a jewel in the roughpittsburghgal is a jewel in the rough

I am so sorry for your loss of your mom, Nina. She was lucky to have you and you were so strong to tell her the truth about her illness.

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Sharon
pittsburghgal is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:36 AM #9 (permalink)

City: Lenexa
State: KS
Diagnosed: 01/2017
Wilson2009 is on a very distinguished roadWilson2009 is on a very distinguished road
City: Lenexa
State: KS
Diagnosed: 01/2017
Wilson2009 is on a very distinguished roadWilson2009 is on a very distinguished road

Sorry for the loss of your Mom. You were a great CALS.

Dave
Wilson2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:02 AM #10 (permalink)
Very Helpful Member

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
Diagnosed: 07/2017
KarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant future
Very Helpful Member

City: Southern Oregon
State: Oregon
KarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant futureKarenNWendyn has a brilliant future

Nina, I’m so sorry you and your mom ever had to go through this horrible journey.

She is free now, and you did a great job caring for her and loving her. Peace to you.
KarenNWendyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 02:39 PM #11 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

City: The Beach
State: South
Diagnosed: 08/2015
KimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond reputeKimT has a reputation beyond repute

Nina,
I'm so very sorry. You were a wonderful daughter to your mom.

Now, it's time to take care of yourself.
KimT is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 04:49 PM #12 (permalink)

City: Stuttgart
State: Germany
wishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to behold
City: Stuttgart
State: Germany
wishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to beholdwishmobbing is a splendid one to behold

Oh, Nina, what a rough ride this has been! Your mom found peace much sooner than anyone could keep up with. I hope after all the arrangements are made there's time for you to take a deeeeep breath and sleep and find peace in knowing you gave more than humanly possible. Hugs to you!
wishmobbing is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 05:10 PM #13 (permalink)

City: mortcerf
State: Ile de France
Diagnosed: 10/2015
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
MarieLaure has a spectacular aura aboutMarieLaure has a spectacular aura about

City: mortcerf
State: Ile de France
Diagnosed: 10/2015
Interest: I am a family member of someone with ALS/MND.
MarieLaure has a spectacular aura aboutMarieLaure has a spectacular aura about

Oh Nina I don’t know how to say it differently. You have been going through such an ordeal with so much strength and love. You made the passage easier for her and she knew you were here.
May you find all the comfort and love now
People here feel for you
Take it nicely on yourself
Love
MarieLaure is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:02 AM #14 (permalink)

So. Funeral ended. What to say really. Iam heartbroken. Mum died like a bird with one breath as my sister said. I missed her end by half hour. I went out for a beer with a few friends the previous night so my sister stayed with her. She called me her breath was near 50 with the breather on i rushed but she died before i managed to say anything. I didnt say goodbye or how much im going to miss her. She was half my life we lived together she had everything ready for me. This thing took away so much but not the love. Its like a lie ill see her walking around the house or smile to me when she comes out of her bedroom.
Well im tired scared heartbroken and cant stop crying. I wanna say thank u. You helped me abd im going to visit here and say hi and check on u and of course post when im stressed or scared about this thing.

Here is a pic of my parents in happier healthier times. And mum two weeks before she died with the girl who was doing her a few physio exercises. I send u so you can see the person we have been talking about all this time. Cause she has a face. A character. She was a person.
NinaP is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to NinaP For This Useful Post:
dldugan (10-12-2018), KateEmerson (10-11-2018), ThisPresentMoment (10-11-2018), wishmobbing (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 01:22 PM #15 (permalink)
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

To attach the picture, Nina, click "Go Advanced," then scroll to "Attach Files."
lgelb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote